hrllo

Ed

Jul 8, 2010, 6:47:33 PM7/8/10
anyone here?

Joy Beeson

Jul 8, 2010, 8:33:37 PM7/8/10
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 23:47:33 +0100, Ed <ex@directory> wrote:

> anyone here?

Nope.

As far as I know, I'm the only person in the entire world using
Windows 98. And I'd change if I hadn't learned the hard way that
"upgrading" the operating system is a Very Bad Idea. The last
upgrade that actually improved anything was the change from TRS-80 to
Windows 3.1 -- and at that time I was shocked to see that the
*printer* was now waiting for the *computer*. And it was the same
old printer.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

98 Guy

Jul 9, 2010, 8:24:08 AM7/9/10
Joy Beeson wrote:

> Ed <ex@directory> wrote:
>
> > anyone here?
>
> Nope.
>
> As far as I know, I'm the only person in the entire world using
> Windows 98.

You guys are reading the wrong newsgroup.

The most active windows 98 newsgroup for the past 10+ years has been:

microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion

That is a usenet newsgroup that also just happens to be carried on
Microsoft's usenet server. Well, it was since 1996, until just a week
ago, when microsoft removed that group from it's server as it shuts down
it's server which started a month ago and will be complete in a couple
of months.

In any case, that is still an active newsgroup across the rest of
usenet.

An alternate group is alt.windows98.

As for web-based forums, I don't think that anything beats the win9x/me
forum on msfn.org:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/8-windows-959898seme/

Rusty Shackleford

Aug 17, 2010, 1:01:45 AM8/17/10
The hell you are. I love 98. Using it right now. I don't see why MS
gave up on it. It was a very good OS. I also use it as a testing
environment for trojan horses and what exact points are most
vulnerable.