AMber upload light on Netgear AC1750 Modem Router

Michael Gallagher

Sep 23, 2017, 1:33:47 AM9/23/17
I recently switched from Verizon DSL to Time Warner Cable/Spectrum for
my home internet, and I bought a Netgear AC 1750 modem. Every so
often I find all the lights are green...except the upstream light,
which is a solid amber. (They are all green as I write this.) It
doesn't seem to effect the router's operation; I can ping all over the
place, so packets must be getting out. But I was wondering what it
meant. And yes, it does happen after one of those incidents when the
router and the cable TV are still working but the internet drops out
for a couple of minutes. When it comes back, the upload light is
amber. Any insights?

VanguardLH

Sep 23, 2017, 2:57:52 AM9/23/17
You bought a (presumably new) device but it did not come with a manual?

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/C6300/C6300_UM_17Nov2015.pdf

Search on "amber".

Locked channels are found by scanning the frequency range and bonding to
the found channel(s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-9ZtThZHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RVxg_Yqkho

For the Arris TG1682G cable modem leased from my ISP (Comcast), how many
channels available between modem to their service is configured by the
ISP when they provision the modem. A while back, my ISP changed from
24x8 to 32x8 for that modem (but not for some others, like Motorola
SB6183). I logged into the web server in the cable modem but couldn't
find anywhere the number of channels available or how many were bonded.
The manual says nothing. Not sure how you find out this info. However,
http://www.arris.com/globalassets/resources/data-sheets/tg1672g_ts_30sep13.pdf
says that modem has up to 16 channels. That the max total, not the max
bonded at a time. Another Arris mentions 8 max channels with 4 bonded
(https://www.arris.com/globalassets/resources/data-sheets/tg862g_ts_r1_1.pdf).
I finally found some channel specs which says my modem has 24 downstream
with the standard firmware and 32 downstream with Comcast's upgrade and
8 upstream channels but still no mention how many can be simultaneously
bonded (http://www.dslreports.com/hardware/ARRIS-TG1682-h4006). Sorry,
that site didn't list the channel specs for your device.

Michael Gallagher

Sep 24, 2017, 12:21:53 AM9/24/17
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 01:57:50 -0500, VanguardLH <V...@nguard.LH> wrote:

>Michael Gallagher wrote:
>
>>... When it comes back, the upload light is
>> amber. Any insights?
>
>You bought a (presumably new) device but it did not come with a manual?

Either it didn't, or it did and I promptly lost track of it. I've had
a tumultuous month, so it wouldn't surprise me if the latter happened.
Found it.

>Locked channels are found by scanning the frequency range and bonding to
>the found channel(s).
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-9ZtThZHs
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RVxg_Yqkho

Thanks for the info. That's a load off my mind.