Postfix newbie mailing problem

Eduard Warkentin

Jul 4, 2003, 1:05:26 PM7/4/03
Hello!

Maybe I'm offtopic here, but since I'm a total newbie to postfix, I dont
know where to ask elsewhere...

I'm running postfix 1.1.11 on an RH8 box which I switched from sendmail to
postfix today (the nackground is to be able to use LDAP addresses).

Everything works fine, except the fact that it seems to be impossible to
send mail through a client from a local account to another local account.
When using, e.g., Webmin, this is no problem. But when using my mail client,
I get the error message that there was an error connecting to the server.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

Hopefully anyone can help,
Eduard

BoBo

Jul 4, 2003, 3:52:17 PM7/4/03
Did you put your local ip-range in the access file?

Eduard Warkentin

Jul 8, 2003, 12:43:31 PM7/8/03
Hi!

"BoBo" <mail...@good-it.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Did you put your local ip-range in the access file?

Well, I have to admit that I really dont know... Since I'm a total newbie to
postfix, I even dont know what that would change to the mail delivery on my
linux box?

Maybe this is really off-topic here, but can you provide me a few sources
for more information on setting up a _running_ postfix? I spend my weekend
with going through the docs on www.postfix.org, but I think that wasnt that
helpful to me...

Eduard

raellic

May 30, 2022, 6:55:05 PM5/30/22
Eduard Warkentin <maili...@ew-net.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> "BoBo" <mail...@good-it.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Did you put your local ip-range in the access file?
>
> Well, I have to admit that I really dont know... Since I'm a total newbie to
> postfix, I even dont know what that would change to the mail delivery on my
> linux box?

[snip]
> Eduard

Hi Eduard,

Bear with me here...I'm writing this from my new Postfix/Dovecot installation :)

It sounds like you didn't set $mydestination to include all the destinations. Can you post that section of your /etc/postfix/main.cf file?

See also: https://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#relay_to

Best,

Andrew Watters