Odd printer solution

philo

Dec 17, 2023, 7:51:00 PM12/17/23
Just installed a new Canon Pro-300 om my wife's Win11 machine.
Booted up and it had automatically installed. I set it as default and
tried it from several photo editing apps and it worked just fine the
very first time ....except....from Photoshop Elements, when I went to
print ...a dialog came up that said "cannot open printer."

I confirmed that the printer was listed as the default for the app and I
could even access ink levels of the printer from within Photoshop Elements.

Since I fooled with all settings I could possibly think of, while it was
printing from another app, I opened "Elements" and attempted to send a
job to the printer and doggone it, as soon as the first print was done,
the job that I sent to it printed. Now it works fine from "Elements."

Anyone know what the heck was going on?

KenW

Dec 18, 2023, 9:11:24 AM12/18/23
There is a printer setting in Win 11 'let windows select default
printer' or something like that. Maybe took some time for Win 11 to
check and change printer.

KenW

philo

Dec 18, 2023, 2:00:43 PM12/18/23
Thanks for the reply but I had tried that and confirmed that Photoshop
Elements was set yo use that printer.

None of the other apps required any tweaking, I sent a job to the
printer and it worked the first time.

Bob F

Dec 18, 2023, 3:28:30 PM12/18/23
You re-booted the PC?