Smallening information maintaining devices for maintaining more information.

Ingel

May 30, 2022, 1:52:59 PM5/30/22
Can someone tell me, how hard is it to do that ?

Why are the information maintaining devices so small today ?

My number 1 interest is to make longer videos.

Momentarily the devices space is just too small for me...

*******************************
Hr. Kristjan Robam

Paul

May 30, 2022, 2:50:06 PM5/30/22
What prevents you from making a longer video ?

What is your longest video so far ?

I think the largest RAM you can easily put on
a computer today, is around 4TB. That would be a
dual socket server motherboard. With about 32 DIMM sockets.
That's a bit more than 600 hours of HD video (2MB/sec).
All stored in RAM. That would be one boring video.

https://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Intel-Xeon-Sappihre-Rapids-SP-LGA-4677-Server-CPU-Platform-very_compressed-scale-4_00x-Custom-Custom-1480x768.png

Even a cheap computer can hold 4x32GB or 128GB total system RAM.
137,438,953,472 bytes. 19 hours of HD video recorded from a
TV Tuner. And it could all be stored in RAM.

The people who make RAM, don't get much credit, but
they're the ones doing an amazing job. They are making
huge memories. The memories make fewer errors than before.

Paul
Message has been deleted

Ingel

May 30, 2022, 6:10:58 PM5/30/22