My laptop bag, what's this for?

micky

Jan 1, 2022, 6:02:33 PM1/1/22
I have an old Targus laptop carrying case, hangs from my shoulder with a
strap, and on the strap is another little container the size and shape
of 2 of my larger fingers. It closes with velcro at the top end.

I can't figure out what it's for.

Maybe an early very little phone would fit but it woudn't be very handy.
The same bag has an opening to the main bag for headphone wires.

MajorLanGod

Jan 1, 2022, 7:03:43 PM1/1/22
micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote in
Well it could be for holding a rolled up set of earbuds. My first thought
was one or two USB sticks.

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Jan 1, 2022, 9:54:34 PM1/1/22
On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 at 18:02:30, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote (my responses usually follow points raised): >I have an old Targus laptop carrying case, hangs from my shoulder with a >strap, and on the strap is another little container the size and shape >of 2 of my larger fingers. It closes with velcro at the top end. >I can't figure out what it's for. >Maybe an early very little phone would fit but it woudn't be very handy. >The same bag has an opening to the main bag for headphone wires. Memory stick? Early MP3 player? (Not sure what you mean by "the same bag" - do you mean this extra little compartment? How do you know the opening is for headphone wires? [If you're sure about that, maybe the extra compartment is for headphones?]) J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf You've made a happy man very old. - Stephen Fry, on QI, 2014-10-18

micky

Jan 1, 2022, 10:49:51 PM1/1/22
In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Sun, 2 Jan 2022 02:52:47 +0000, "J. P.
Gilliver (John)" <G6...@255soft.uk> wrote:

>On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 at 18:02:30, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote (my
>>I have an old Targus laptop carrying case, hangs from my shoulder with a
>>strap, and on the strap is another little container the size and shape
>>of 2 of my larger fingers. It closes with velcro at the top end.
>>
>>I can't figure out what it's for.
>>
>>Maybe an early very little phone would fit but it woudn't be very handy.
>>The same bag has an opening to the main bag for headphone wires.
>
>Memory stick? Early MP3 player?
>
>(Not sure what you mean by "the same bag" - do you mean this extra

You're right. That's not clear.

>little compartment? How do you know the opening is for headphone wires?

I mean the big bag. It has a rubber "door", sliced like a pizza pie
(except around the circumference) and that has embossed on it the image
of headphones.

>[If you're sure about that, maybe the extra compartment is for
>headphones?])

Hmm. Maybe. I was going to take it off if you guys didn't come up with
a good use, but maybe you have.

Thanks and thanks, Major.

she...@outlook.com

Jan 2, 2022, 11:01:54 AM1/2/22
CardBus / PCMICA adapter holder?

Ken Blake

Jan 2, 2022, 11:05:44 AM1/2/22
On 1/1/2022 7:52 PM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 at 18:02:30, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote (my
>>I have an old Targus laptop carrying case, hangs from my shoulder with a
>>strap, and on the strap is another little container the size and shape
>>of 2 of my larger fingers. It closes with velcro at the top end.
>>
>>I can't figure out what it's for.
>>
>>Maybe an early very little phone would fit but it woudn't be very handy.
>>The same bag has an opening to the main bag for headphone wires.
>
> Memory stick? Early MP3 player?

Charging cable? Small mouse?

David W. Hodgins

Jan 2, 2022, 2:04:22 PM1/2/22
Headphone case.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Ant

Jan 2, 2022, 4:03:45 PM1/2/22
Photos please?
--
:) NY! Let's hope 2022 will B betta than da last 2!
| |o o| |

Zaidy036

Jan 2, 2022, 4:51:35 PM1/2/22
Camera bag with 35 film canister holder?

Piet

Jan 3, 2022, 4:37:45 PM1/3/22
I presume the OP knows what he's talking about when he speaks
about a "laptop carrying case".

I have a real old USB stick of 256 MB (wow! ;-)) that measures
8x2.5x1 cm. So if the case is that old too, my guess would be
the "little container" is for a USB stick.

-p