Re: Fastening processors with calculation tables.

Paul

May 30, 2022, 3:09:27 PM5/30/22
On 5/30/2022 1:06 PM, Ingel wrote:
> Already thoughted about it?
>
> Would be really fun to use a device, that is 1000000 times faster, than it is right now!

Your job, for the next 30 seconds, is to work out what 2^64 is.

How big a table is that ?

It's very big. On just one dimension, that's about 4 million times
bigger than what we can make now. The table would fill a sky scraper.
It would use 64 times as much power as the substation near my house
can provide. There would be a huge plume of heat, rising above
the skyscraper.

18,446,744,073,709,551,616

Then the electrical signals, have to go up and down the skyscraper.
And that signal transmission, is slow. Now the table machine does
not go as fast as we would like.

Paul