Boot from RAM feature

Skybuck Flying

Feb 18, 2024, 8:50:30 PMFeb 18
When Windows shuts down, it copies a new operating system to memory address zero.

It instructs the hardware/bios/eufi for next warm boot to:
1. Do not clear RAM
2. Boot from RAM address 0

This would allow easier OS development and dedicated software without disk/partition/boot program changes, safer/easier.

Bye,
Skybuck

Paul

Feb 19, 2024, 12:23:18 AMFeb 19
It doesn't matter what you do on an OS, the company
that makes the OS will find a way of slowing it down.

As the owner of a monster machine, you should be noticing this.
That the expensive hardware you bought, the OS people absolutely
refuse to use it.

Just about anything Windows does, could be done with a six core CPU.
The Microsoft people will not use more than about three cores. If
you buy a sixteen core CPU, they still only use three cores. What
a CPU with a lot of cores can do, is it can do something fast for *you*,
but it isn't allowed to do anything fast for the OS. Windows Defender
doesn't use 16 cores. Windows Update doesn't use 16 cores.

In fact, Windows Update *slows down on purpose*. Did you know that ?
Watch it sometimes. It drives me nuts when I see that.

The other day, I tried to make a Windows installer DVD using DISM,
and I used "compression:none" in the invocation. I did a test install
using my new media. Guess what ? It was still compressed :-( And
running like molasses in spring.

These people at Microsoft are just rat bastards.

Paul