Gigabyte Board running Windoze 7-64 bit spontaneously enables hyperthreading without rebooting?, WTF

harr...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2013, 6:23:40 PM7/12/13
I have an icore 7 with 6 cores running on a GA-X58A-UD3R(rev. 2.0)Mobo. I have had a recurring problem that after disabling hyperthreading in the CMOS, in the task manager, I find that the mode is switching from no HT to HT without a system reboot. How can this be possible. Anyone else experience this problem.

BTW, I hate HT and for most applications it causes them to run at 50% of their speed. Ugh!