Overclocking Cpu

PcGAmeR22

Jan 17, 2012, 11:25:31 AM1/17/12

Im a little used to overclocking , i use evga precision to accelerate my
gpu a little and i find it very simple
But overclocking a cpu is much different , i heard that the only way to
overclock a cpu on a 775 motherboard is through the bios
Is there an easier way tho ?
something like intel precision " tho it doesnt exist " but a program
that can measure your cpu temps and gives you the option to overclock it

im really not planning to do it through the bios because i cant really
tell if i will risk frying my cpu
Intel Dual core e7500 2.93 ghz
I would like to pull it up to 3.2 ghz

rb

Jan 17, 2012, 2:15:48 PM1/17/12

You can bump the CPU up to 3.0Ghz by setting the FSB to 273Mhz. I would
not recommend going beyond 3.0Ghz, unless you change the stock
heatsink/fan to something beefier.

PcGAmeR22

Jan 17, 2012, 7:48:11 PM1/17/12

okay thank you

PcGAmeR22

Jan 17, 2012, 3:07:08 PM1/17/12

will it make a noticeable difference for gaming ?

rb

Jan 17, 2012, 4:28:16 PM1/17/12

PcGAmeR22;1324825 Wrote:
> will it make a noticeable difference for gaming ?

I doubt it.

The best you can probably do safely on that CPU is ~3.8Ghz, which will
give ya a bit of a boost. But again I wouldn't try it with a stock
heatsink/fan.