P5N-D and e8400 overclock help please...

Funex

Jun 30, 2008, 10:31:36 AM6/30/08

I have the Asus P5N-D mainboard and the e8400 (3.0GHz / 1333fsb) and
am having problems overclocking. Anyone here have that combo, and are
successful overclocking to 3.6GHz? I'm able to get it to boot at
3.6GHz (after some non-boot, restart issues) but when I run prime95 to
load test, it freezes the PC after about 2 minutes. I am running stock
cooling from the e8400 retail package. Here are my numbers:

vcore: 3.5v
HT: 1.4v
NB: 1.4v
SB: 1.6v

Unlinked
FSB: 1600
Memory: 800

Memory is Crucial Ballistix tracer (4x1GB) in all four slots

timings:
4-4-4-12

memory voltage:
2.19v

multiplier for CPU: 9x

cpu thermal control: enabled
C1e: enabled
exec disable bit: enabled
vitalization: disabled
speedstep: enabled

So, the question is, what settings will get me a stable 3.6GHz on
stock cooling?

my temps for the core at this level are 45c at idle, and 62c at load
right before it freezes, so this doesn't seem to be TOO hot for what
I'm trying to do.

Do I lower the NB/SB/HT voltages? Raise them?

What is HT voltage anyway? is it the termination voltage I am reading
about. This board has different settings than what most other boards
have, so I'm kind of confused here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Funex

Funex

Jun 30, 2008, 11:09:10 AM6/30/08
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 07:31:36 -0700, Funex <fu...@funex.arg> wrote:

>vcore: 3.5v

Oops. That's pretty high! Meant to write 1.35v ;-)

Funex

Don

Jun 30, 2008, 12:40:31 PM6/30/08

"Funex" <fu...@funex.arg> wrote in message

That's the Nvidia 750i mb right?

I run a Q9450, overclocked to 3.4 ghz, on my EVGA 780i mb.

First off, keep an eye on your core temps, especially running with the stock
cooler.

I am not sure on the HT voltage, if you have an auto setting for it, I would
leave it at that.

I run my NB ( SPP), at 1.45v
My SB ( MCP), at 1.525v
My cpu FSB - at 1.3v
My vcore for my cpu, at 1.325v

You may just have a bit of a voltage pig with your cpu, you may need to up
it a notch or two above 1.35v, but again pay close attention to your core
temps, you don't want them getting much above 65c under load like Prime 95
small FFt's.

--
Don