PCs' case fans' prices are higher than usual?

Ant

Jul 24, 2016, 7:05:13 PM7/24/16
Is it just me in So(uthern) CA, USA? Or is happening to everywhere else?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "But once the ants and termites jumped the high
barrier that prevents the vast variety of evolving animal groups from

Paul

Jul 24, 2016, 8:36:49 PM7/24/16
Ant wrote:
> Is it just me in So(uthern) CA, USA? Or is happening to everywhere else?
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Depends on whether your computer store carries
only "boutique" fans. Ones with blue LEDs or
fancy operating principles (magnetic levitation).
Expect to pay more for "Corsair" versus
"company-of-the-month-club" fans. Expect to
pay less, for those fans made with the
stinky plastic. How many of those did I have
to leave in the box, because they smelled so bad ?

My all time favorite was Vantec Stealth. But they're
no longer being made. They were mid-range pricing,
and they *never* wore out. Just a modest unassuming fan.
No LEDs.

*******

You can browse through this selection...

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g36/Fans.html

Paul

Ant

Jul 25, 2016, 10:38:29 PM7/25/16
In alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt Paul <nos...@needed.com> wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> > Is it just me in So(uthern) CA, USA? Or is happening to everywhere else?
> >
> > Thank you in advance. :)

> Depends on whether your computer store carries
> only "boutique" fans. Ones with blue LEDs or
> fancy operating principles (magnetic levitation).
> Expect to pay more for "Corsair" versus
> "company-of-the-month-club" fans. Expect to
> pay less, for those fans made with the
> stinky plastic. How many of those did I have
> to leave in the box, because they smelled so bad ?

> My all time favorite was Vantec Stealth. But they're
> no longer being made. They were mid-range pricing,
> and they *never* wore out. Just a modest unassuming fan.
> No LEDs.

It was any fans. Cheap and good brands. No LEDs.