Fast Colonization v0.3.13

1 view

The Holy Ghost

May 19, 2022, 5:32:42 PM5/19/22

there's no real release yet but I'm working on a Colonization game
so I thought I'd share a demo. The thing is programmed in Ruby using
SDL for graphics.

I have a Merchantman and Free Colonists unit. One commands the wind
and seas as you know, the other can build a colony/city. I am working
on the City view ATM.

I know of freecol.org of course but I wanted to make my own version.

See the README file for key bindings.

The latest tarballs can be found here :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ruby-fast-colonization/files/

Best regards,
holly

--
(__)
oo )

My Software & Art company : https://ko-fi.com/brandywine9

Nic

May 19, 2022, 6:06:49 PM5/19/22
On 5/19/22 5:32 PM, The Holy Ghost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there's no real release yet but I'm working on a Colonization game
> so I thought I'd share a demo. The thing is programmed in Ruby using
> SDL for graphics.
>
> I have a Merchantman and Free Colonists unit. One commands the wind
> and seas as you know, the other can build a colony/city. I am working
> on the City view ATM.
>
> I know of freecol.org of course but I wanted to make my own version.
>
> See the README file for key bindings.
>
> The latest tarballs can be found here :
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ruby-fast-colonization/files/
>
> Best regards,
> holly

Sounds like a wonderful game.

My question is, are the colony/city builders building on Plato's
description of a City/State?

If so then the question of migration to these places should be to seek a
better way.

The Holy Ghost

May 20, 2022, 6:01:32 AM5/20/22
Op 5/20/22 om 12:06 a.m. schreef Nic:
> On 5/19/22 5:32 PM, The Holy Ghost wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> there's no real release yet but I'm working on a Colonization game
>> so I thought I'd share a demo. The thing is programmed in Ruby using
>> SDL for graphics.
>>
>> I have a Merchantman and Free Colonists unit. One commands the wind
>> and seas as you know, the other can build a colony/city. I am working
>> on the City view ATM.
>>
>> I know of freecol.org of course but I wanted to make my own version.
>>
>> See the README file for key bindings.
>>
>> The latest tarballs can be found here :
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ruby-fast-colonization/files/
>>
>> Best regards,
>> holly
>>
> Sounds like a wonderful game.

Yes, it is. I'm still playing it on a mac. FreeCol also looks very good.

> My question is, are the colony/city builders building on Plato's
> description of a City/State?
>
> If so then the question of migration to these places should be to seek a
> better way.

The meaning is to use a nice Indian system so you can use my game
without other colonizers. So yes, I'd say there is a place for that
where there's lots of freedom (also in programming it.)

Nic

May 20, 2022, 8:20:07 AM5/20/22
See if you can hook up with 5-BN Games, they make great games.