New Freeware Site

NetShark Downloads

Mar 4, 2003, 11:34:06 AM3/4/03
NetShark Downloads

Site is up and serving out the freeware.

Thanks for the help to all those that are helping with this very large
project.

Everyone that loves freeware software appreciates your efforts.

http://netsharkdownloads.com

Roger Spencelayh

Mar 4, 2003, 4:33:57 PM3/4/03
In article <2A49a.355170$be.331678@rwcrnsc53>, NetShark Downloads wrote:
> Site is up and serving out the freeware.
>
> Thanks for the help to all those that are helping with this very large
> project.

Nice to see that we don't have to register any longer. Thanks.

Roger

R.L

Mar 4, 2003, 4:46:34 PM3/4/03
Roger Spencelayh <spenc...@nospam.hotmaildotcom> says in

> In article <2A49a.355170$be.331678@rwcrnsc53>, NetShark Downloads
> wrote:

>> Site is up and serving out the freeware.
>>
>> Thanks for the help to all those that are helping with this very
>> large project.

>> http://netsharkdownloads.com

> Nice to see that we don't have to register any longer. Thanks.

Yes, it IS nice! And nice layout, too - very clear :)

--
RL

JC

Mar 4, 2003, 9:53:06 PM3/4/03

Nice site, one of the best I have seen. But whats going to happen to
all the white space on the left and right when you scroll down?

R.L

Mar 4, 2003, 10:11:26 PM3/4/03
"Poiter" <pineappl...@hotmail.com> says in news:3e653d60$1
@news.comindico.com.au:

> That's all very good, but what about the software it contains?
>
> Poiter

I did not look at all of them, but have glanced through a few categories -
pretty good collections and no nagwares/sharewares/adwares :)

--
RL

burnr

Mar 4, 2003, 10:32:41 PM3/4/03
JC <extre...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Nice site, one of the best I have seen. But whats going to happen to
> all the white space on the left and right when you scroll down?

Excellent question :-) Got any ideas? The site is relatively new and
growing and I know NS is busy trying different things. We would much
appreciate your (and the others who visit this ng) input. Email either of
us at netshark@ or burnr@ (netsharkdownloads.com).

--
burnr
http://netsharkdownloads.com

JC

Mar 4, 2003, 11:18:01 PM3/4/03

Maybe you could run your latest listings side by side instead of one
long column.

Ceg

Mar 5, 2003, 12:02:52 AM3/5/03

"R.L" <ringomeinew(remove)@hotmail(remove).com> wrote in message

Here's one example...Argosoft email server is no longer freeware...it's
adware. In the latest update to the freeware version Archie added web
access for users. The web pages display banners. To make matters worse,
when I posted a question in his support newsgroup asking if he was going to
assure us that he has blocked out the porn ads I'm still waiting for his
answer 3 weeks later.

R.L

Mar 5, 2003, 12:19:21 AM3/5/03
"Ceg" <m...@privacy.net> says in

Did you check the site download to see if the version available is
actually the adware one or the freeware one? I noticed that there are
some progs in the site are no longer available as freeware but a copy is
available e.g., I got Effective Desktop from the site. The site is
hosting some files itself.

--
RL

Antoine

Mar 5, 2003, 12:55:06 AM3/5/03
Download files are still boomer-sized eg : CrazyBrowser -> 0 bytes !

--
Antoine

Ceg

Mar 5, 2003, 1:32:32 AM3/5/03

"R.L" <ringomeinew(remove)@hotmail(remove).com> wrote in message

No...sorry. I should have. My apologies.

Ceg

Mar 5, 2003, 1:35:39 AM3/5/03

"Ceg" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

I just went back to check the site and the link leads to the Argosoft site.

J. Randy Mitchell

Mar 5, 2003, 7:00:20 AM3/5/03

> On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:34:06 GMT, "NetShark Downloads"

A mural?

R.L

Mar 5, 2003, 11:32:01 AM3/5/03
"Ceg" <m...@privacy.net> says in

>> > Did you check the site download to see if the version available is
>> > actually the adware one or the freeware one? I noticed that there
>> > are some progs in the site are no longer available as freeware but
>> > a copy is available e.g., I got Effective Desktop from the site.
>> > The site is hosting some files itself.

>> No...sorry. I should have. My apologies.

> I just went back to check the site and the link leads to the Argosoft
> site.

Hmmm...too bad...I guess the site is not updated for some of its older
entries and does not host the big files (e.g., I just saw AceMoney listed
there and it has gone shareware) :(

--
RL

Andrew C. Cooper

Mar 5, 2003, 11:40:42 AM3/5/03
Not everything on this site is freeware. Some trailware and shareware, and
buyware.

--
<><
Andrew C. Cooper
* http://www.wordforlife.com/cmhm *

"NetShark Downloads" <nets...@netsharkdownloads.com> wrote in message

Son Of Spy

Mar 5, 2003, 2:55:20 PM3/5/03

"R.L" wrote:

> <snip>

> Hmmm...too bad...I guess the site is not updated for some of its older
> entries and does not host the big files (e.g., I just saw AceMoney listed
> there and it has gone shareware) :(
>
> --
> RL

Yes it's very sad when that happens it's like losing a good friend...

'course here's a link to the freeware version: 8^)

ftp://ftp.freeware.ru/win/AceMoneySetup.exe ~358Kb

--
CPU Magazine March '03 Issue:
Top Download Sites:

http://www.sover.net/~whoi/index.html
1700+ Freeware Apps/ No spyware

. --- . . - - - - - - - - - - - -
/ SOS \ __ / Freeware - - - - - -
/ / \ ( ) / - - - - -
/ / / / / / / \/ \ - - - -
/ / / / / / / : : - - -
/ / / / / ' ' - -
/ / //..\\
=====UU==UU=====
'///||\\\'
' '' '

Henk de Jong

Mar 5, 2003, 3:20:09 PM3/5/03
"Andrew C. Cooper" <acco...@hotmail.com> schreef in

> "NetShark Downloads" <nets...@netsharkdownloads.com> wrote in message
>> NetShark Downloads
>>
>> Site is up and serving out the freeware.
>>
>> Thanks for the help to all those that are helping with this very
>> large project.
>>
>> Everyone that loves freeware software appreciates your efforts.
>>
>> http://netsharkdownloads.com
>>

> Not everything on this site is freeware. Some trailware and
> shareware, and buyware.

Andrew, where have you seen those trailware, shareware and buyware? Maybe
I haven't looked for it good enough, but I haven't seen any...

With kind regards,
--
Henk de Jong
The Netherlands

burnr

Mar 5, 2003, 9:37:24 PM3/5/03

> Hmmm...too bad...I guess the site is not updated for some of its older
> entries and does not host the big files (e.g., I just saw AceMoney
> listed there and it has gone shareware) :(

Thanks R.L., AceMoney indeed no longer is free from the author, the d/l
has been removed. You're right about some of the entries, we are working
diligently to keep shareware and spyware OUT. It helps a lot when good
folks let us know when they've found a "bad" d/l. Thanks again.

--
burnr
http://netsharkdownloads.com

R.L

Mar 5, 2003, 9:48:53 PM3/5/03
burnr <b_u...@hotmail.com> says in news:Xns9335D1604948Dburnrhotmailcom@
192.168.0.1:

> "R.L" <ringomeinew(remove)@hotmail(remove).com> wrote in
>

>> Hmmm...too bad...I guess the site is not updated for some of its older
>> entries and does not host the big files (e.g., I just saw AceMoney
>> listed there and it has gone shareware) :(

> AceMoney indeed no longer is free from the author, the d/l
> has been removed. You're right about some of the entries, we are
> working diligently to keep shareware and spyware OUT.

Thanks, keep up the good work :)

> It helps a lot when good
> folks let us know when they've found a "bad" d/l. Thanks again.

You're welcomed, nice site!
BTW, about the space on the side, buttons to places such as to
Pricelessware.org, to the SOS site and/or to the tinyapps.org could be
good, just something might be you would be interested in thinking about
:)

--
RL

burnr

Mar 5, 2003, 9:50:26 PM3/5/03
"Andrew C. Cooper" <acco...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Not everything on this site is freeware. Some trailware and
> shareware, and buyware.
>
> --
> <><
> Andrew C. Cooper

Thanks for the input Andrew. Our intention at NSD is to NOT provide links
to shareware - spyware - buyware - trialware. A lot of links are
submitted by members and we try hard to weed out any of the afore
mentioned software. (Not to mention those that were free, but now are
not) Please let us know when you find one and once verified, (typically
24 hrs. I hope) it will promptly be removed.

--
burnr
http://netsharkdownloads.com

burnr

Mar 5, 2003, 10:22:13 PM3/5/03

> You're welcomed, nice site!
> BTW, about the space on the side, buttons to places such as to
> Pricelessware.org, to the SOS site and/or to the tinyapps.org could be
> good, just something might be you would be interested in thinking about
>:)

In case NS doesn't see all of this thread, I've forwarded this suggestion
to him. Thanks :-)

--
burnr
http://netsharkdownloads.com