WinSCP

AllanH

Feb 16, 2024, 3:35:30 PMFeb 16
From PortableFreeware:

"WinSCP is a feature-rich tabbed file transfer client with a variety of views including single-window, dual-pane and tree view interfaces. The program supports standard FTP as well as secure connections using WebDav, S3, SSH, SSL/TLS and legacy SCP. The program can search, perform directory synchronization between local and remote, change properties, and edit text/binary files.

Includes support for scripting, task automation, various authentication tools, proxy, SSH tunnels and IPv6."

Updated to Version 6.3

Home Page
https://winscp.net/eng/index.php

Version History
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/history#6.3

--
Using Opera's mail client:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130226002115/http://www.opera.com/mail/

VanguardLH

Feb 16, 2024, 5:38:19 PMFeb 16
AllanH <nos...@unokix.invalid> wrote:

> From PortableFreeware:
>
> "WinSCP is a feature-rich tabbed file transfer client with a variety
> of views including single-window, dual-pane and tree view interfaces.
> The program supports standard FTP as well as secure connections using
> WebDav, S3, SSH, SSL/TLS and legacy SCP. The program can search,
> perform directory synchronization between local and remote, change
> properties, and edit text/binary files.
>
> Includes support for scripting, task automation, various
> authentication tools, proxy, SSH tunnels and IPv6."
>
> Updated to Version 6.3
>
> Home Page https://winscp.net/eng/index.php
>
> Version History https://winscp.net/eng/docs/history#6.3

Filezilla supports FTP, FTPs, and sFTP.

S3 would be to Amazon servers, so something interest only to users of
AWS (Amazon Web Services). Since SCP is based on SSH then it seems
Filezilla's sFTP covers that use-case.

Filezilla free doesn't support WebDAV, but the payware Pro version does
($25 for 3 years). WinSCP lists WebDAV as a supported protocol
(https://winscp.net/eng/docs/protocols), but mentions several WebDAV
features are not supported. I don't see a payware version of WinSCP, so
presumably WebDAV is supported in their freeware product. Their UWP app
costs $10 ($5 on sale, https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9P0PQ8B65N8X).
Often UWP (Univeral Windows Platform) apps are poor cousins of their
Win32 program counterparts, so not sure the UWP app has everything the
Win32 program does.