Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

Re: Shit the cat warned you!

31 wyświetleń

occam

nieprzeczytany,
16 lut 2024, 12:03:3316 lut
do
On 15/02/2024 21:57, p-0 0-h the cat (coder)
<super...@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.wired.com/story/openai-sora-generative-ai-video/
>
> “We didn’t tell it to do that, it just automatically did it.”

Tell Shit that some day soon all cat videos will be generated this way.
We won't even have to tell it, OpenAI will generate them automatically.

ASIDE: Did you see the sub-feature (video) about AI chess on the right
hand side of that page? It's time for the human race to pack up and leave.

John C.

nieprzeczytany,
18 lut 2024, 07:14:0918 lut
do
occam wrote:
> p-0 0-h wrote:
>>
>> https://www.wired.com/story/openai-sora-generative-ai-video/
>>
>> “We didn’t tell it to do that, it just automatically did it.”
>
> Tell Shit that some day soon all cat videos will be generated this way.
> We won't even have to tell it, OpenAI will generate them automatically.
>
> ASIDE: Did you see the sub-feature (video) about AI chess on the right
> hand side of that page? It's time for the human race to pack up and leave.

I, for one, will welcome our new, digital overlords.

Our current, human ones are a joke.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out:
-crossposts (sent to multiple newsgroups) at a time
-posts sent via Google Groups* due to spam from that source
-trolls (eg. "Bucky Breeder" and his many sock puppets)

If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

John C.

nieprzeczytany,
18 lut 2024, 23:46:2718 lut
do
p-0 0-h wrote:
> John C. wrote:
>>
>> I, for one, will welcome our new, digital overlords.
>>
>> Our current, human ones are a joke.
>
> Good news JC. I have determined that AI is a suitable replaced for our
> politicians.
>
> I asked it, "could you run a pissup in a brewery" and after the
> customary definition... thanks for that AI, it replied
>
> "No, I probably couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery!"
>
> I don't know why but I found the exclamation mark strangely concerning.

At least AI is honest about it, unlike our human overlords.

occam

nieprzeczytany,
19 lut 2024, 02:17:5119 lut
do
On 18/02/2024 22:34, p-0 0-h the cat (coder)
<super...@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 12:14, John C. wrote:
>> I, for one, will welcome our new, digital overlords.
>>
>> Our current, human ones are a joke.
>
> Good news JC. I have determined that AI is a suitable replaced for our
> politicians.
>
> I asked it, "could you run a pissup in a brewery" and after the
> customary definition... thanks for that AI, it replied
>
> "No, I probably couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery!"

Pooh, can you repeat your experiment, but this time ask: "Could you
organise an orgy in a brothel?"

I fear 'piss up' is a UK expression and the US-trained AI may have
faltered over the word.

The Horny Goat

nieprzeczytany,
19 lut 2024, 15:03:5719 lut
do
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 18:03:26 +0100, occam <oc...@nowhere.nix> wrote:

>Tell Shit that some day soon all cat videos will be generated this way.
>We won't even have to tell it, OpenAI will generate them automatically.
>
>ASIDE: Did you see the sub-feature (video) about AI chess on the right
>hand side of that page? It's time for the human race to pack up and leave.

Actually chess seems to be at least as popular today as pre-pandemic
despite the fact that in-person tournament play was practically
non-existent during COVID. "Chess by server" has been a big part of
why but no question at least in Canada attendence at in person events
has mushroomed.

(I'm an officer in the Chess Federation of Canada and see the monthly
and quarterly reports and no question in percentage terms the growth
has been the highest in 2022-23 as any time in the last 25 years - we
definitely got a "post COVID bump")

occam

nieprzeczytany,
20 lut 2024, 11:11:0020 lut
do
On 19/02/2024 13:31, p-0 0-h the cat (coder)
<super...@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:
> On 19/02/2024 07:17, occam wrote:
>> On 18/02/2024 22:34, p-0 0-h the cat (coder)
>> <super...@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:

>>> Good news JC. I have determined that AI is a suitable replaced for our
>>> politicians.
>>>
>>> I asked it, "could you run a pissup in a brewery" and after the
>>> customary definition... thanks for that AI, it replied
>>>
>>> "No, I probably couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery!"
>>
>> Pooh, can you repeat your experiment, but this time ask: "Could you
>> organise an orgy in a brothel?"
>
> You're kidding me right. You'll get me locked up. The only people
> allowed to run orgies in brothels in good ol' blighty are the
> aristocracy. If plod gets wind of me even thinking about going into
> competition they'll be round here before you can say how's yer father.
> Don't give the vainglorious tosspots reason to nick ya me ol' dad used
> to say to me before he gave me a deserved clip round the ear. Walls have
> ears sonny, look lively, stay sharp, he'd say. The they are watching us.
> Wise words.
>
>> I fear 'piss up' is a UK expression and the US-trained AI may have
>> faltered over the word.

OK, since you are reluctant, I did it for you.

My Question: Are politicians capable of organising an orgy in a brothel?

Chat GPT reply:

Politicians, like any other individuals, have the capacity to organize
events or gatherings. However, the legality of organizing an orgy in a
brothel would depend on the laws of the jurisdiction where such
activities are taking place. Engaging in sex work or related activities
may be regulated or prohibited in many places.

Politicians, as public figures, are generally expected to uphold the law
and adhere to ethical standards. Engaging in illegal or unethical
activities can have serious consequences for their careers and
reputations. It's crucial for individuals, including politicians, to be
aware of and comply with the laws and regulations in the areas where
they operate. Organizing activities that violate legal or ethical
standards could lead to legal repercussions, damage to one's public
image, and potential consequences in the political arena.

---

Comment: Note the spelling. AI is definitely trained on US text e.g.
'organize'

Conclusion: AIs have NO SENSE of humour. Theyz German in character,
American in spelling.

John C.

nieprzeczytany,
21 lut 2024, 07:32:2421 lut
do
p-0 0-h the cat (coder) <super...@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:
> On 20/02/2024 16:10, occam wrote:
>> Comment:  Note the spelling. AI is definitely trained on US text e.g.
>> 'organize'
>>
>> Conclusion: AIs have NO SENSE of humour. Theyz German in character,
>> American in spelling.
>
> So, I asked my AI chum again, "could you run a pissup in a brewery"
>
> The definition it gave this time was more interesting.
>
> "couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery" is a colorful English idiom
> expressing incompetence..
>
> So, my comments on this are as you point out it uses a US spelling of
> organize which is kind of funny.
>
> Secondly, and I'm sure some helpful Usenet literary professor will
> correct me if I'm wrong but the common usage is "couldn't run a piss-up
> in a brewery". I know it's a small thing but language is like music, it
> has to sound right and organize (organise] is just too formal for a
> phrase that's used informally, as in 'that's no way to run a railroad'.
>
> Thirdly, is it an idiom. An idiom is more abstract like 'over the moon'.
> It doesn't make literal sense. "couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery" is
> a direct expression of incompetence. I would say it's just a phrase.
>
> Finally, my new AI chum says that it didn't think it would be the best
> choice to run a successful piss-up in a brewery. A fairly reasonable
> attempt at self deprecating humour to be fair, followed by an emoji that
> looked like a squat half empty beer glass or perhaps piss in a glass
> bowl, I dunno, it could be an emerging silicon based attempt at humour,
> a slightly uncomfortable attempt some might say, followed by a smiley face.

I had this limited conversation with the AI:

> (Me) Could you run a pissup in a brewery
>
> The phrase "couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery" is a slang
> expression used to describe someone who is extremely bad at organizing
> things (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=piss+up+in+a+brewery)
>
> It implies that the person is incapable of successfully planning even the
> simplest event or task
>
> (Me) The phrase is often used in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand It is
> important to note that this phrase is considered vulgar and may not be
> appropriate in all contexts.
>
> Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!
>
> (Me) Yes, thanks for the explanation of the phrase, but could YOU run a
> pissup in a brewery?
>
> As an AI language model, I don't have physical presence or the ability to run
> events in the real world. My capabilities are focused on providing information
> and assistance through text-based conversations. So, while I can certainly
> help with planning and organizing hypothetical events, I cannot physically
> run a piss-up in a brewery or any other real-world event.
>
> However, if you have any specific questions or need assistance with event
> planning concepts, I would be happy to help!

Then I got an image on the screen. I quickly hit the PrtScn key and
saved it:

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th/id/OIP.2xTTjaNTd47h5C8c-7eyFQHaHR?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain
Nowe wiadomości: 0