Any SeaMonkey users?

John C.

Sep 15, 2021, 1:09:09 AM9/15/21
I'm considering dumping Pale Moon and Firefox, going with SeaMonkey. I'm
tired of fighting the continual paradigm changes inflicted by Firefox
and Pale Moon is simply starting to suck.

Is it possible to disable some of the modules (eg. IRC chat) during
installation?

TIA
--
John C. BS206. No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, pirated,
share, spy, time-limited, trial or web wares for me please. I filter out

Bill Day

Sep 15, 2021, 9:25:17 AM9/15/21
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:09:00 -0700, "John C." <r9j...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I'm considering dumping Pale Moon and Firefox, going with SeaMonkey. I'm
>tired of fighting the continual paradigm changes inflicted by Firefox
>and Pale Moon is simply starting to suck.
>
>Is it possible to disable some of the modules (eg. IRC chat) during
>installation?
>
>TIA
I have no particular problems with Palemoon, but I do use SeaMonkey
sometimes as an extra browser for geneology links, as an overflow from
FlashPeak Slimjet. SeaMonkey seems to be pretty stable and has a
decent GUI, but I don't do major browsing with it.

In what I do, I can't imagine having only one browser... Palemoon is
for banking and my ISP, while I also use Vivaldi for general browsing
and folk music links.

Why? Well, a couple of dozen tabs in each gets crowded.

So, as far as I have seen, Seamonkey ought to be ok, but you have some
very strict standards. Good luck.
--
remove nonsense for reply

Bill Day

Sep 15, 2021, 10:12:52 AM9/15/21
Not ISP... my HMO... too many letter combinations for my old brain...
;>)

Oh...I also use Iron Portable for some more 'secure' browsing.

John C.

Sep 15, 2021, 7:29:29 PM9/15/21
Well, at this point the major issue I'm having with SeaMonkey is
extensions. There aren't a lot available for it anymore and I'm using
several extensions in Firefox and Pale Moon that I would need
substitutes for at the least.

holyghost

Sep 23, 2021, 3:53:17 PM9/23/21
On 9/15/2021 7:09 AM, John C. wrote:
> I'm considering dumping Pale Moon and Firefox, going with SeaMonkey. I'm
> tired of fighting the continual paradigm changes inflicted by Firefox
> and Pale Moon is simply starting to suck.
>
> Is it possible to disable some of the modules (eg. IRC chat) during
> installation?
>
> TIA

installs only browser. Very nice for old folks :-)

holly

--
(__)
oo )

My Software & Art company (donations are welcome) :
https://ko-fi.com/brandywine9