Re: List of websites to download old version software for Windows PC

John C.

Sep 24, 2021, 11:54:07 PM9/24/21
ma...@invalid.com wrote:
> Neat Website for Win XP Losers - like myself.
>
> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-old-version-software

I also use:

http://www.oldversion.com/

--
John C. BS206. No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, pirated,
share, spy, time-limited, trial or web wares for me please. I filter out

John C.

Sep 24, 2021, 11:56:26 PM9/24/21
John C. wrote:
> ma...@invalid.com wrote:
>> Neat Website for Win XP Losers - like myself.
>>
>> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-old-version-software
>
> I also use:
>
> http://www.oldversion.com/

Nevermind. I misunderstood your OP. Glad you posted that link. I wasn't
aware of a couple of the sites listed there. I'll be bookmarking them.
Thanks!

John C.

Sep 25, 2021, 12:05:55 AM9/25/21
John C. wrote:
> John C. wrote:
>> ma...@invalid.com wrote:
>>> Neat Website for Win XP Losers - like myself.
>>>
>>> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-old-version-software
>>
>> I also use:
>>
>> http://www.oldversion.com/
>
> Nevermind. I misunderstood your OP. Glad you posted that link. I wasn't
> aware of a couple of the sites listed there. I'll be bookmarking them.
> Thanks!

http://www.oldversion.com/ is gone apparently.

http://www.oldapps.com/ gives an Error 522 message.

http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/alphabetically.html is also gone
apparently.

Oldversion.com is still there though. I use it once in a while.
PortableApps.com is also still there.

JJ

Sep 25, 2021, 1:41:32 AM9/25/21
On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:39:54 -0500, ma...@invalid.com wrote:
> Neat Website for Win XP Losers - like myself.
>
> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-old-version-software

Thanks.

Dang... oldware.org is dead since January 2017. And unfortunately, Internet
Archive doesn't archive the downloads.
https://web.archive.org/web/2017*/https://oldware.org

I already have OldApps.com bookmarked, but it seems to be down at the
moment.

321download.com ("Last Freeware Version") is also dead since May 2015, but
Internet Archive has its downloads archived (long URL warning).
<https://web.archive.org/web/20150423163442/http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/alphabetically.html>

PortableApps.com doesn't actually have older versions of softwares. They
simply have the latest portable version of softwares which are likely older
versions than the current one.

Here are my bookmarks for that kind of site (excluding already mentioned).
https://www.afterdawn.com/
https://www.filehippo.com/
https://www.filehorse.com/
https://www.filepuma.com/

Also try the archived official site using Internet Archive, if it's been
archived.
https://archive.org/

Unrelated but might be useful; specialized software libraries...

Offline-only installers:
https://offlinefreewarefiles.com/

Tiny softwares:
https://tinyapps.org/

Mike Dee

Sep 25, 2021, 2:42:21 AM9/25/21
JJ wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:39:54 -0500, ma...@invalid.com wrote:
>> Neat Website for Win XP Losers - like myself.
>>
>> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-old-version-software
>
> Thanks.

Thanks too, JJ

For a good, nay, great public archive, do take a look at
WinWorldPC's Library:
<https://winworldpc.com/library/operating-systems>

The link opens on the Operating Systems section of the Library
with further links to the Applications & Games sections.

--
dee

holyghost

Sep 25, 2021, 4:47:54 AM9/25/21
Op 9/25/21 om 5:53 a.m. schreef John C.:
> ma...@invalid.com wrote:
>> Neat Website for Win XP Losers - like myself.
>>
>> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-old-version-software
>
> I also use:
>
> http://www.oldversion.com/

Thanks a lot, the both of you. And I who thought that windows 7 support
had been dropped.

--
(__)
oo )

My Software & Art company : https://ko-fi.com/brandywine9

Yuhler Speertraeger

Sep 25, 2021, 4:18:13 PM9/25/21

On article <sim6gr$15b$1...@dont-email.me>, John C. wrote (at least in
part):

> ma...@invalid.com wrote:
> > Neat Website for Win XP Losers - like myself.
> >
> > https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-old-version-software
>
> I also use:
>
> http://www.oldversion.com/

Or maybe https://vetusware.com/

not only Windows stuff.

--
Best,
Yuhler

Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(

Nic

Sep 25, 2021, 4:24:18 PM9/25/21
On 9/25/21 4:18 PM, Yuhler Speertraeger wrote:
> On article <sim6gr$15b$1...@dont-email.me>, John C. wrote (at least in
> part):
>
>> ma...@invalid.com wrote:
>>> Neat Website for Win XP Losers - like myself.
>>>
>>> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-old-version-software
>> I also use:
>>
>> http://www.oldversion.com/
> Or maybe https://vetusware.com/
>
> not only Windows stuff.

Thanks, Nice Site!

John C.

Sep 26, 2021, 8:35:53 AM9/26/21
Mike Dee wrote:
> JJ wrote:
>> ma...@invalid.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Neat Website for Win XP Losers - like myself.
>>>
>>> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-old-version-software
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Thanks too, JJ
>
> For a good, nay, great public archive, do take a look at
> WinWorldPC's Library:
> <https://winworldpc.com/library/operating-systems>
>
> The link opens on the Operating Systems section of the Library
> with further links to the Applications & Games sections.

Bookmarked. Thanks, Mike!