Re: Audacity is introducing Telemetry

Nic

May 8, 2021, 8:58:57 AM5/8/21
On 5/8/21 8:50 AM, Yrrah wrote:
> "Imagine the following scenario: the ownership of a popular program
> changes and one of the first new things that will get added is
> Telemetry. Most users would probably assume the worst, that Telemetry
> is added for marketing purposes or worse.
> In the case of Audacity, that is not the case. There are two main ways
> that developers introduce Telemetry into an application: the first
> makes it opt-out, so that all users of the application who upgrade to
> the new version or install it will have data collected and transferred
> to the developer. The second way makes the data collecting opt-in,
> which means that users will have to enable Telemetry willingly before
> data is collected and transferred.
> Audacity's collecting of Telemetry will make use of the second option.
> In other words: nothing gets collected and submitted by default.
> But why Telemetry in the first place? The developers explain that they
> need some data to make informed decisions.(...)
> Audacity plans to use two providers, Google and Yandex initially.
> Google with Google Analytics to collect the [...] information (...)"
> Article:
> <https://www.ghacks.net/2021/05/07/audacity-is-introducing-telemetry-but-in-a-good-way/>
>
> F*ck them!
>
> Yrrah

What if you used Audacity OFFLINE?

Dex

May 8, 2021, 1:20:06 PM5/8/21
One reason why people use firewalls.

p-0''0-h the cat (coder)

May 8, 2021, 4:34:15 PM5/8/21
On Sat, 08 May 2021 14:50:57 +0200, Yrrah <Yrra...@acf.invalid> wrote:

>F*ck them!
>
>Yrrah

Fork off?

Live everyday like you're a cat.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur, Pooh Dendum, scouringerer,
jumped up chav, punk ass dole whore troll, no nothing innumerate religious
maniac, lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian, professional bully and stalker,
the most complete ignoid, joker, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

I mark any messages from trolls »Q« and 'Arlene' Holder as stinky

JJ

May 9, 2021, 6:35:21 AM5/9/21
When software adds telemetry, it usually means that they have nothing else
useful to add, or out of idea what to add.

In fact, the telemetry is likely to be used for deciding whether to remove
features which are least used by users or not, instead.

Audacity has reached the peak of its productive software development. It can
either sustain it, or go down. Si, I won't expect Audacity to be "better" at
this point on.

p-0''0-h the cat (coder)

May 9, 2021, 8:40:32 AM5/9/21
On Sat, 08 May 2021 15:06:51 +0200, Yrrah <Yrra...@acf.invalid> wrote:

>Nic <n...@non.net>:
>
>> > Audacity plans to use two providers, Google and Yandex initially.
>> > Google with Google Analytics to collect the [...] information (...)"
>> > Article:
>> > <https://www.ghacks.net/2021/05/07/audacity-is-introducing-telemetry-but-in-a-good-way/>
>
>> What if you used Audacity OFFLINE?
>
>The computer will ignite and explode and its user will go deaf and
>blind ;-)
>
>Yrrah

I duuno, trolls communicating with other trolls. Come on now, move on
both of you. Get back under your bridges.

Jenny Telia

May 9, 2021, 2:21:39 PM5/9/21
On 08/05/2021 15:06, Yrrah wrote:
> --
> F*ck Micro$oft, Gugle, Amacon, Twatter, Fakebook, etc.

It must be exhausting all that f*cking, Yrrah?

kelown

May 9, 2021, 5:44:09 PM5/9/21

> Audacity has reached the peak of its productive software development. It can
> either sustain it, or go down. Si, I won't expect Audacity to be "better" at
> this point on.

Audacity could certainly stand to improve its user interface, which is
quite busy and somewhat unintuitive.

JJ

May 10, 2021, 6:33:25 AM5/10/21
On Sun, 9 May 2021 16:44:02 -0500, kelown wrote:

> Audacity could certainly stand to improve its user interface,

Yes, but I doubt they'll do it.

> which is quite busy and somewhat unintuitive.

That's the UI of most proper audio editor. Without those kind of GUI, it
won't be a full-featured audio editor anymore. It'd be something which audio
cutter softwares are.

Flasherly

May 10, 2021, 8:10:28 AM5/10/21
On Mon, 10 May 2021 17:33:19 +0700, JJ <jj4p...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes, but I doubt they'll do it.

Always was a clone of Cool Edit, although how the latter's
documentation differs from Audacity might be appreciable. I somehow
doubt Adobe changed a word before doubling the price.