Windows 11 - I chickened out!

p-0''0-h the cat (coder)

Jan 8, 2022, 8:43:54 AM1/8/22

Free or not free.

Windows 10 just works right now.

I mean, I would have done my lappy cos I don't care about that but of
course that don't meet the spec. I got too much time invested in my
desktop to be reckless. Sacrifical lamb. Not me. No siree. I dunno, I
really don't.

Call me a scaredy cat.

Anyone got down and dirty yet? I just don't see a pain/gain ratio with a
positive slant right now.

Live everyday like you're a cat.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur, Pooh Dendum, scouringerer,
jumped up chav, punk ass dole whore troll, no nothing innumerate religious
maniac, lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian, professional bully and stalker,
the most complete ignoid, joker, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

I mark any messages from trolls »Q« and 'Arlene' Holder as stinky

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Jan 8, 2022, 12:00:04 PM1/8/22
On 8/1/2022 21:43, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:

> Free or not free.
>
> Windows 10 just works right now.
>
> I mean, I would have done my lappy cos I don't care about that but of
> course that don't meet the spec. I got too much time invested in my
> desktop to be reckless. Sacrifical lamb. Not me. No siree. I dunno, I
> really don't.
>
> Call me a scaredy cat.
>
> Anyone got down and dirty yet? I just don't see a pain/gain ratio with a
> positive slant right now.

Some old hardware, e.g. TV tuner cards, might be blocked by Win 11...

John C.

Jan 9, 2022, 7:48:46 AM1/9/22
p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:

> Free or not free.
>
> Windows 10 just works right now.
>
> I mean, I would have done my lappy cos I don't care about that but of
> course that don't meet the spec. I got too much time invested in my
> desktop to be reckless. Sacrifical lamb. Not me. No siree. I dunno, I
> really don't.
>
> Call me a scaredy cat.
>
> Anyone got down and dirty yet? I just don't see a pain/gain ratio with a
> positive slant right now.

I guess it's time I 'fessed up to the group that I bought a laptop with
W10 on it a couple of years ago. I did this because of the pandemic and
a need to video-conference with my doctors. Ironically, the laptop
failed to connect and I had to resort to using my desktop with an
ancient webcam. Go figger.

Since then, I've beaten the laptop's OS into submission by using
Open-Shell-Menu:

https://open-shell.github.io/Open-Shell-Menu/

and:

https://github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu

Other than that though, the laptop remains as only my traveling
computer. My W7 desktop remains my main computer, and the one I use for
posting to this group.

But no, I also chickened out when it came to upgrading the laptop to
W11. And I'm glad I did, since I've read about the resulting regressions
in functionality that W11 imposes as well as various bugs and setbacks.
No, I'll hold off until MS stops supporting W10 or else W11 becomes more
usable.

--
John C. BS206. No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, pirated,
share, spy, time-limited, trial or web wares for me please. I filter out

Martin Clark

Jan 18, 2022, 6:54:56 PM1/18/22
On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 11:43:54 PM UTC+10, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
> Free or not free.
>
> Windows 10 just works right now.

My new HP laptop dropped dead after 9 months. HP resurrected it, took 3 months, then it died again, so after making a fuss in the shop, I ended up with a Dell Inspiron - with Win 11. I guess the Win 11 annoyance removers will sort it out eventually, but the M$oft programmers seem to live in some sort of weird alternative reality. Some very peculiar constraints. Don't bother trying to keep your icons in order, task manager gone from the task bar so you have to get it back as an icon. Loads vast enough, but there are the usual silly pictures to get rid of.