Re: {UPDATE} Double Commander 1.0.8

Nic

Sep 22, 2022, 3:30:16 PM9/22/22
On 9/22/22 2:47 PM, Yrrah wrote:
> (4 days ago)
> "Double Commander is a free cross platform open source file manager with two
> panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new
> ideas." It's FOSS.
> OS: Linus distros, Free BSD, MS Windows,
> Home:
> https://doublecmd.sourceforge.io/
> Changes:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/doublecmd/news/
> Downloads:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/doublecmd/wiki/Download/
>
> Yrrah

Thank you. I d/l both appimages scanned them with Clam and they both
work on my Linux Mint system.

Mike Easter

Sep 22, 2022, 5:05:06 PM9/22/22
Yrrah wrote:
> "Double Commander is a free cross platform open source file manager with two
> panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new
> ideas." It's FOSS.

My most recent encounter in a live boot w/ a default 'orthodox' file
manager (as opposed to the GUI 'navigational') was Knoppix, which has
Krusader along w/ a GUI FM.

The wp discussion of file managers has multiple tables comparing the
features of the myriad file managers including an opportunity to compare
the orthodox ones such as DC w/ each other.

Krusader being KDE/Qt based; DC being Free Pascal/Lazarus dev/d.

--
Mike Easter

Nic

Sep 22, 2022, 5:22:23 PM9/22/22
Did you try Double Commander, or where you trying to convince someone
how smart/bright you are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BQlJVIyb6k

Soundtrack for the Magnificent Seven.

Mike Easter

Sep 22, 2022, 5:51:47 PM9/22/22
Nic wrote:
> Did you try Double Commander,

Not lately. Most recently I 'engaged' Krusader, unfamiliarly. I prefer
GUI navigational FMs.

> or where you trying to convince someone
> how smart/bright you are?

No; just sharing what DC makes me think about. I've been inclined
toward a GUI interface incl FM since the 80s when my computer choice was
graphical Atari ST (TOS DE) and NOT MS-DOS, (Norton Commander) nor the
pricey GUI Apple products of the era.

So, I've never been an orthodox FM fan. After Atari came graphical W95.

--
Mike Easter