Re: Patchmypc - software updater

1 view
Message has been deleted

John Corliss

May 13, 2012, 11:14:24 AM5/13/12
How is this better than FileHippo and Secunia PSI? Please tell of your
experiences with all three,if available.Thanks.

John Corliss

May 13, 2012, 11:15:01 AM5/13/12

John Corliss

May 13, 2012, 11:15:50 AM5/13/12

John Corliss

May 13, 2012, 11:20:04 AM5/13/12
This works nicely, it suppresses most dialogues. Run it with a
program like Winpatrol to make sure unwanted toolbars don't get added
to the startup. John Corliss
From the homepage:
---------------------
Our main goal is to give PC users a free and easy solution to
patch common third party software that pose critical
vulnerabilities to your PC if un-patched.
Patch My PC is a portable and reliable utility designed to check
your system against the current version of Adobe Reader, Adobe
Flash, Mozilla Firefox, Oracle Java, Apple QuickTime, Apple
iTunes, Microsoft Updates and more!
Patch My PC Features
Easy to use User Interface
Outdated software will show in Red
Up to date will show in Green
Patches many common third party products
Reader, Flash, Java, QuickTime and More
Portable
Very small around 350 Kb
Offers optional software updates you can include in the update
process
Scan and install needed Windows updates
Windows Tools
Feature to quickly uninstall multiple programs
Feature to enable or disable startup programs
---------------------
When they say "Patches many common third party products
Reader, Flash, Java, QuickTime and More" ... they mean MUCH more,
as in just about everything you have installed. It actually
reports REAL installation dates, unlike Revo.
I like it, worth a go IMO.
http://www.patchmypc.net/
--
Spaghetti... I can't eat spaghetti, there's too many of them. No
matter how hungry I am, 1000 of something is too many. I'll have

John Corliss

May 13, 2012, 11:20:19 AM5/13/12

John Corliss

May 13, 2012, 11:20:29 AM5/13/12