IconTweaker

Bear Bottoms

Nov 1, 2006, 5:24:51 PM11/1/06
IconTweaker allows you to customize Windows with different sets of icon
themes. It comes with several themes to choose from and additional ones
can be added later. You can choose to change all icons according to the
theme, and also set different icons for selected files and/or folders. The
program provides an easy to use interface, and can restore your original
icons at any time.

http://joost.endoria.net/home

--
I Research Freeware http://bearbottoms1.com

ellis_jay

Nov 1, 2006, 7:57:18 PM11/1/06
Bear Bottoms wrote:
> IconTweaker allows you to customize Windows with different sets of
> icon themes. It comes with several themes to choose from and
> additional ones can be added later. You can choose to change all
> icons according to the theme, and also set different icons for
> selected files and/or folders. The program provides an easy to use
> interface, and can restore your original icons at any time.
>
> http://joost.endoria.net/home

http://interfacelift.com/icons-win/index.php?sort=date

or for mac

great icons. I downloaded over 50 megs worth

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

ellis_jay

Nov 1, 2006, 7:59:04 PM11/1/06
Bear Bottoms wrote:
> IconTweaker allows you to customize Windows with different sets of
> icon themes. It comes with several themes to choose from and
> additional ones can be added later. You can choose to change all
> icons according to the theme, and also set different icons for
> selected files and/or folders. The program provides an easy to use
> interface, and can restore your original icons at any time.
>
> http://joost.endoria.net/home

http://interfacelift.com/icons-win/index.php?sort=date

chatu...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2006, 8:06:57 PM11/1/06
Bear Bottoms wrote:
> http://joost.endoria.net/home
---

Would this be safe? When I download freeware files, I do check for
virus with a security software but I am not sure whether this alone is
enough.

How can I be sure that there is no browser hijacker etc when I download
and intall a freeware?

How can I be sure that a freeware does not install a cookie that sends
info from my PC?

And can the non-cognoscenti be sure that when someone gives a pointer
to a freeware after they have "researched" it, it is safe to install it
on our machine?

Rishi

Bear Bottoms

Nov 1, 2006, 9:33:31 PM11/1/06

Those are good questions. Much has to do with how bad you think you want
the program and how much risk you are willing to take. In other words,
you can limit yourself to known "good" sites like snapfiles and only
download from there if it is listed or walk away from it. You may even
downlad from the home site for a program if various respectable reviews
were made of the program. Go slow expanding your horizons and learn the
"good" sites, reviewers and authors. Most worthwhile programs that stand
out have plenty of eyes looking at it before you. If you want a certain
program and are not sure about it or a safe download site, ask here.

If you don't trust me...ignore me. I have guidelines I adhere to before I
recommend a program (similar to the above,) perform scans of the install
program and am PDC (pretty darn certain) no malware is included when I
recommend one. That being said, as I've never had malware slip past me
yet...I guess there is alway that first time chance as with anyone.

Lew/+Silat

Nov 2, 2006, 2:58:57 AM11/2/06

"ellis_jay" <elli...@firstbase.coma> wrote in message news:4v6dnQO42Lop3NTY...@comcast.com...

Havent been able to access http://interfacelift.com/icons-win/index.php?sort=date

--
Lew/+Silat

kukuc

Nov 2, 2006, 3:28:59 AM11/2/06

Lew/+Silat 写道:

Dear,

Is it completely freeware? Pls submit it to our site
http://www.filesforfree.com We provide freeware donwload.

Why Tea

Nov 2, 2006, 4:54:06 AM11/2/06
> Is it completely freeware? Pls submit it to our site
> http://www.filesforfree.com We provide freeware donwload.

Had a look at your site. Very professional look, but there are plenty
of ads and the files seem to be mostly shareware. My first impression
is it looks like Snapfiles, except Snapfiles is better organized and it
divides the files into Freeware and Shareware.

ellis_jay

Nov 2, 2006, 8:56:09 AM11/2/06

I found the link active and up and running. I found all 27 pages of free
window icons.

Bear Bottoms

Nov 2, 2006, 11:26:50 AM11/2/06

Top left corner of the site lists free categories. Nice site.