Most used Freeware Programs?

Susan Bugher

Apr 3, 2006, 1:54:43 PM4/3/06
Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

DESKTOP

FILE UTILITIES

GRAPHICS

INTERNET

MULTIMEDIA

ORGANIZERS

PROGRAMMING

SECURITY

SYSTEM UTILITIES

TEXT

WEB DESIGN

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Fs.

Apr 3, 2006, 2:00:17 PM4/3/06
Susan Bugher wrote:
> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

> FILE UTILITIES
Agent Ransack

> INTERNET
Firefox
Thunderbird
Miranda
WinSCP
XChat2 (from silverex)
FileZilla
WordPress

> MULTIMEDIA
Real Alternative

> SECURITY
Avast
Keepass

> TEXT
Notepad++
Jujuedit

> WEB DESIGN
Notepad++
Jujuedit

That's the 'daily' list (I think)

Fs.

El Bandolero

Apr 3, 2006, 2:02:17 PM4/3/06
Il Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:54:43 -0400, Susan Bugher ha scritto:

> DESKTOP
none

> FILE UTILITIES

IZ arc 3.5 (zip management)
Daemon Tools (virtual CD/DVD Rom)
DVD shrink

> GRAPHICS
Irfanview
The Gimp
Jpeg crops (photo print preparing)

Inkscape (vector graphics)

> INTERNET

Filezilla (FTP client)
Eudora Lite 3.0.6

> MULTIMEDIA

Karafun (karaoke)
K-lite code pack
Cole2k Media - Video Dub Pack
DVDx (DVD to divx)
AVI2DVD
Monkey's Audio (APE format (de)compression)
Winamp
classic media player

> ORGANIZERS

none
(I hate Organizers ;-)

> PROGRAMMING

Lazarus (portable Delphi clone)

> SECURITY
AVG Free Antivirus

> SYSTEM UTILITIES

CPUz

> TEXT
Metapad

> WEB DESIGN + OFFICE
Openoffice
PDFcreator

> MATH
Gnuplot (charts and much more)
Scilab
Texaide

> TYPESETTING
Miktex
Ghostscript + ghostview
TeXnicCenter

--
ciao
El Bandolero

drus...@wotmania.com

Apr 3, 2006, 2:10:27 PM4/3/06

Susan Bugher wrote:
> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?
>
> INTERNET

I downloaded Net Transport 1.51 back when it was freeware, never
upgraded, and have used it almost every day since. It's one of the most
reliable programs I've ever used. I realize it's not freeware anymore,
but that means nothing to me if I don't ever upgrade ;-)

> MULTIMEDIA

WinAmp; I like some other music players better, but I never seem to
find all the features I want elsewhere.

> PROGRAMMING

MinGW

jb

Apr 3, 2006, 2:14:25 PM4/3/06
Susan Bugher wrote:
> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?
>
> GRAPHICS
Irfanview

> INTERNET
Firefox, Thunderbird

> MULTIMEDIA
Foobar2000 (sticking with 0.8.3 for the moment)

> TEXT
Notepad++, ScrapBook

Grzegorz Rumatowski

Apr 3, 2006, 2:16:45 PM4/3/06
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:54:43 -0400, Susan Bugher wrote:

> DESKTOP

deskillusion

> FILE UTILITIES

fcommander

> GRAPHICS

IrfanView

> INTERNET
Pan
FireFox
K-Meleon
Thunderbird

> MULTIMEDIA
foobar

> PROGRAMMING

gcc

> SYSTEM UTILITIES

RegSeeker

> TEXT

vim

> WEB DESIGN

vim

Greetings
Gregory

Daniel Mandic

Apr 3, 2006, 2:36:29 PM4/3/06
Susan Bugher wrote:

> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use every
> day?

Hi Susan!

Yes.

> DESKTOP

Desktop: Clock Alarm Windows Wecker 1.1(Freeware) U. Jäkel

> FILE UTILITIES

Home / File Utilities Drive Rescue Version: 1.9d Alexander Grau

> GRAPHICS

IrfanView I may not mention anymore :-) Irfan Skiljan

> INTERNET

K-Meleon, IE6, Netscape 8.1

> MULTIMEDIA

DivX 6.1, Media Player classic 9.0 XP

> ORGANIZERS

None

> PROGRAMMING

None

> SECURITY

Spybot Search&Destroy Patrick M. Kolla

> SYSTEM UTILITIES

Sysinternals. David Russinovich & Bryce Cogswell.

> TEXT

GhostScript and GSView (GhostView)

> WEB DESIGN

None

Amaya?

> Susan

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Alex Balfour

Apr 3, 2006, 2:40:17 PM4/3/06
> DESKTOP

Copernic Desktop Search

> FILE UTILITIES

SyncToy

> INTERNET

Firefox
OE-QuoteFix

> ORGANIZERS

Calendar Magic

> SECURITY

SpyBot S&D
Spyware Blaster

> TEXT

Adobe Reader
PSPad

Alex Balfour

JP Loken

Apr 3, 2006, 3:06:51 PM4/3/06
På Mon, 03 Apr 2006 19:54:43 +0200, skrev Susan Bugher
<sebu...@yahoo.com>:

> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every*
> day?
>

> FILE UTILITIES
Copernic Desktop Search
Izarc
> GRAPHICS
IrfanView
> INTERNET
K-Meleon
Opera
Gaim
> MULTIMEDIA
QuintessentialPlayer
RealAlternative
> SECURITY
WinPatrol
Ad-Aware
Microsoft Antispyware
> SYSTEM UTILITIES
CCleaner

--
JP Loken

Henry The Mole

Apr 3, 2006, 3:11:36 PM4/3/06
Hello, Susan!
You wrote on Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:54:43 -0400:

> DESKTOP

Xpize
RocketDock
ClocX

> FILE UTILITIES

InfoRapid Search & Replace
UltimateZip

> GRAPHICS

FastStone Image Viewer
MWSnap

> INTERNET

Avant Browser
FidoLook
Feedreader
Trillian
Xenu Link Sleuth
CiDial
FileZilla
Shareaza
uTorrent
FreePOPs

> MULTIMEDIA

Winamp
Exact Audio Copy

> PROGRAMMING

WampServer
ConTEXT

> SECURITY

Ad-Aware
AntiVir

> SYSTEM UTILITIES

CCleaner
RegSeeker

> TEXT

Notepad++

Kindly regards.
--
Henry The Mole.
The Mole Zone (temporary url): http://htmole.altervista.org

flatrabbit

Apr 3, 2006, 3:22:11 PM4/3/06
[DESKTOP]
T-Clock Light 040702-3
WinRoll 2.0
PowerMenu 1.51

[FILE UTILITIES]
7-Zip 4.37 beta

[GRAPHICS]
XnView 1.82.3
XnView Shell Extension

[INTERNET]
Firefox 1.6a1
Thunderbird 1.6a1
Miranda 0.4.3 alpha build #49
GreatNews 1.0.0.366
Puttytray 0.59
Xnews 2005.09.25
Utorrent 1.5

[MULTIMEDIA]
Foobar 0.9
Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0
CCCP Codec Pack 2006-03-06
Mp3Tag 2.35m

[ORGANIZERS]
EssentialPIM 1.71
Rainlendar 0.22

PROGRAMMING

[SECURITY]
PINs 4.50.0.86
TrueCrypt 4.1

[SYSTEM UTILITIES]
CCleaner 1.28.277
Daemon Tools 4.0.3
MyUninstaller 1.34

[TEXT]
Notepad2 1.0.12
Metapad 3.51

[WEB DESIGN]
Notepad2 1.0.12
Topstyle Lite 3.10

Al Klein

Apr 3, 2006, 3:23:57 PM4/3/06
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:54:43 -0400, Susan Bugher <sebu...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

>INTERNET
Firefox

>PROGRAMMING
$ware (VB this year)

>SECURITY
Pins

>SYSTEM UTILITIES
Usenet is too small to list them all, but I walk around with 4 gigs of
SD cards.

>TEXT
Notepad's enough

>WEB DESIGN
$ware (Dreamweaver)

Ivan V. Klattrup

Apr 3, 2006, 3:37:05 PM4/3/06
Susan Bugher wrote:

>Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use every day?
>
>DESKTOP

none

>FILE UTILITIES

none

>GRAPHICS

Irfan view

>INTERNET

Firefox
Thunderbird
Miranda
Xananews

>MULTIMEDIA

Foobar

>ORGANIZERS

none

>PROGRAMMING

none

>SECURITY

none

>SYSTEM UTILITIES

none

>TEXT

FoxitReader (I guess this is the right category for that program)

>WEB DESIGN

Notepad++
Nvu

--
Ivan V. Klattrup
http://www.klattrup.dk

Bebop & Rocksteady

Apr 3, 2006, 4:00:40 PM4/3/06
> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

> DESKTOP
couldn't be bothered with them

> FILE UTILITIES
Zip Genius

> GRAPHICS
IrfanView

> INTERNET
Mozillia
Pegasus Mail
Mecury Mail
XNews
XAMPP(Apache, php, MySQL, Filezilla)

> MULTIMEDIA
WinAMP

> ORGANIZERS
none (have built my own using $ware FileMaker)

> PROGRAMMING
Php (done in $ware Dreamweaver)
JustBASIC (Also $ware LibertyBASIC)

> SECURITY
Spybot
Zonealarm
AVast
Adaware

> SYSTEM UTILITIES
>
> TEXT
OpenOffice

> WEB DESIGN
Trialing phpDesigner

jb

Apr 3, 2006, 4:01:59 PM4/3/06
It looks like the biggest surprise is how many people have switched to
Notepad++.

Craig

Apr 3, 2006, 4:29:31 PM4/3/06
Susan Bugher wrote:
> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?
>
> DESKTOP
none

> FILE UTILITIES
Unison

> GRAPHICS
none

> INTERNET
Mozilla v1.7.12, FileZilla v2.2.17

> MULTIMEDIA
>
> ORGANIZERS
Palm Desktop 4.1

> PROGRAMMING
>
> SECURITY
ClamAV v.88, Zone Alarm v5.5

> SYSTEM UTILITIES
>
> TEXT (Office productivity?)
OO Write & OO Base v2.02

> WEB DESIGN
PSPad, Tidy

> Susan

spoon2001

Apr 3, 2006, 4:42:46 PM4/3/06
Susan Bugher wrote:
> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every*
> day?

I am taking you literally - here are programs that I use EVERY day. There
are many others that I use very frequently.

> DESKTOP

SlickRun
SunClock 5

> FILE UTILITIES

xplorer2
Locate32

> GRAPHICS

Irfanview

> INTERNET

Magic Mail Monitor
Maxthon
STunnel
Proxomitron
OE-Quotefix

> ORGANIZERS

Ecco Pro

> SECURITY

AVG 7 Free

> SYSTEM UTILITIES

Motherboard Monitor
HDDHealth
TaskSwitch XP
KatMouse
StartupMonitor
StartupDelayer

spoon2001

Apr 3, 2006, 4:48:29 PM4/3/06
Susan Bugher wrote:
> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every*
> day?

these also qualify as "every day"

> FILE UTILITIES

Izarc

> INTERNET

Star Downloader

> TEXT

Adobe Reader

firba1

Apr 3, 2006, 4:50:19 PM4/3/06
File Utility:
TUGZip

remove

Apr 3, 2006, 4:55:41 PM4/3/06
wrote:

>Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?
>
>DESKTOP
>
>FILE UTILITIES
>
>GRAPHICS
Irfanview
Xnview
Photofiltre

>INTERNET
>
>MULTIMEDIA
Audacity
MP3Gain

>ORGANIZERS
>
>PROGRAMMING
>
>SECURITY
Antivir
CCleaner
Ad Aware
Spybot S&D

>SYSTEM UTILITIES
>
>TEXT
>
>WEB DESIGN
>

>Susan

Bill

jb

Apr 3, 2006, 5:00:13 PM4/3/06
Ecco Pro? Eew, gross!

Mark Carter

Apr 3, 2006, 5:34:41 PM4/3/06
spoon2001 wrote:
>>TEXT

MetaPad
Emacs

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Helen

Apr 3, 2006, 6:03:51 PM4/3/06
Win Patrol
AVG
IrfanView
Kerio
PopUpStopper-PanicWare
Spybot S&D
CCleaner

I have other freeware programs, but these I use daily.

Helen

john stamatakis

Apr 3, 2006, 6:14:08 PM4/3/06

"Susan Bugher" <sebu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

> DESKTOP

> FILE UTILITIES
TUGZip
freeCommander

> GRAPHICS
Paint.Net

> INTERNET
Green Browser
PopTray
Free Download Manager
BitTorrent
Screamer Radio

> MULTIMEDIA

> ORGANIZERS

> PROGRAMMING

> SECURITY
Windows Defender
MVPS Hosts
Peer Guardian

> SYSTEM UTILITIES
Abakt
Robocopy

> TEXT

> WEB DESIGN

Whirled Peas

Apr 3, 2006, 6:19:12 PM4/3/06
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:54:43 -0400, Susan Bugher wrote:

> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?
>
> DESKTOP

Gnome
Gdesklets
Conky

> FILE UTILITIES

Nautilis

> INTERNET

Firefox
Thunderbird
Pan
Pure-ftpd

--
-wp-
Envisioning peas on Earth.

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

John Corliss

Apr 3, 2006, 8:19:58 PM4/3/06
Susan Bugher wrote:
> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

I will presume that non-freeware types which are discussed in ACF can be
included. Also, some of the programs I use were freeware when I
downloaded them but no longer are (mostly PC Magazine stuff), so I'll
leave them out.

> DESKTOP

Brutus 2006: http://www.proffs.nu/brutus.htm
(kind of a combination system tweaker and shutdown program)
TClock (*not* TClockex) http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclock/

Iceows: http://www.iceows.com/HomePageUS.html
Empty Temp Folders: http://www.danish-shareware.dk/soft/emptemp/
Rename Master: http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/108/
Batchrun: http://www.outertech.com/index.php?_charisma_page=product&id=1

> GRAPHICS

Irfanview: http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/
Mostly I have commercial programs for graphics.

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/
Grabit: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

XMPlay: http://un4seen.com/xmplay.html
Quicktime Alternative: http://www.codecguide.com/about_qt.htm
Real Alternative: http://www.codecguide.com/about_real.htm
Media Player Classic: http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

> ORGANIZERS

Guess I'm organized enough not to need such things.

> PROGRAMMING

Don't program.

> SECURITY

AVG: http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
Kerio 2.1.5 No longer around I think.
Spybot S & D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
Adaware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

> SYSTEM UTILITIES

Process Explorer: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html
CloseCD:
http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/entertainment/open_cd/download.shtml

> TEXT

Usually, I just use Notepad.

Not every day, but very often I use NVu: http://www.nvu.com/

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett, Doc (who uses sock puppets)

Semolina Pilchard

Apr 3, 2006, 8:30:57 PM4/3/06
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:54:43 -0400, Susan Bugher wrote:

> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?
>

> DESKTOP

World Time Clock

> FILE UTILITIES

Free Commander

> GRAPHICS

XnView

> INTERNET

Opera
40tude Dialog

> MULTIMEDIA

Foobar2000 0.8.3

> ORGANIZERS
>
> PROGRAMMING
>
> SECURITY

Adaware
Spybot
ZoneAlarm

> SYSTEM UTILITIES

Regseeker

> TEXT

Win32Pad
OpenOffice

--
Sem

Message has been deleted

jb

Apr 3, 2006, 8:45:12 PM4/3/06

NVU is great for learning css ;)

KinKade*~

Apr 3, 2006, 11:18:57 PM4/3/06
Seconds before spontaneously combusting <Susan Bugher> at
<sebu...@yahoo.com> was heard to ask:

> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every*
> day?

ZoneAlarm
WordWeb
AVS
Quote fix

There are many more I use but not every day.

KKade

Susan Bugher

Apr 3, 2006, 11:56:22 PM4/3/06
Ivan V. Klattrup wrote:
> Susan Bugher wrote:

>> TEXT
>
> FoxitReader (I guess this is the right category for that program)

That's where I'd put it => it MUST be right. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Apr 4, 2006, 12:06:49 AM4/4/06
Duddits wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:54:43 -0400, Susan Bugher <sebu...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:

>>Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

> The list grows much larger if I list bi-weekly/weekly/monthly programs.

Yup. :) There are lots of essential programs that don't get used every
day.

Message has been deleted

Susan Bugher

Apr 4, 2006, 12:10:49 AM4/4/06
Semolina Pilchard wrote:

Hi Sem. Good to hear from you. :) :) :)

perro

Apr 4, 2006, 1:55:21 AM4/4/06
daily usage...there is another list of freeware that I like but don't
use daily. Okay here is the daily list:

DESKTOP
Windows PowerPro (http://powerpro.webeddie.com/)

FILE UTILITIES
dsdel (http://freezip.cjb.net/freeware/)
dscrypt (http://freezip.cjb.net/freeware/)

GRAPHICS
irfantview

INTERNET
privoxy

MULTIMEDIA
mpc
kmplayer (http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/index.php)
xmplayer

ORGANIZERS
Palm Desktop 4.1 (only becuase I use a sony clie)
EssentialPIM

PROGRAMMING
none

SECURITY
AVG Free Edition
Ad Aware
Spybot Search & Destroy
SpywareBlaster
Keepass

SYSTEM UTILITIES
Regseeker
ccleaner

TEXT
metapad
neomem
mempad
tombo ( http://tombo.sourceforge.jp/En/)

WEB DESIGN
none

TerryP

Apr 4, 2006, 1:59:59 AM4/4/06
DESKTOP
None

FILE UTILITIES
XYExplorer
File Finder

GRAPHICS
Cam2PC
Photofiltre

INTERNET
Avant Browser
PopPeeper

MULTIMEDIA
XMplay
Windows Media Player Classic

ORGANIZERS
VisualCD

PROGRAMMING
None

SECURITY
Ad-aware
Spybot Search & Destroy
AVG Anti-virus

SYSTEM UTILITIES
SIW

TEXT
PSPad

WEB DESIGN
NVU

Noip

Apr 4, 2006, 2:20:26 AM4/4/06
"Susan Bugher" <sebu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

> INTERNET
Firefox (plus MozBackup)
K9
POP Peeper
Tor
YPOPs

> MULTIMEDIA
K-Lite Codec Pack Standard
Quicktime Alternative
Real Alternative
Winamp

> SECURITY
K9
ScripTrap
SpywareBlaster
Tor
WinPatrol

> SYSTEM UTILITIES
ArsClip
CDX -- Command Prompt
Dimension4
ERUNT
Power Pro
Startup Control Panel
StartupDelayer
Startup Monitor

> TEXT
PSPad
WordTabs 3.30

MLC

Apr 4, 2006, 2:53:54 AM4/4/06
lunedì 3 aprile 2006 Susan Bugher ha scritto:

> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

> DESKTOP
SlickRun
Clipomatic

> FILE UTILITIES
Cobian Backup

> GRAPHICS
HoverSnap
Irfanview

> INTERNET
Opera
Dialog
Power-Grab 2002
html2pop3
FreeDownloadManager

> MULTIMEDIA

> ORGANIZERS
KeyNote
TreePadLite

> PROGRAMMING
VisualBasic 2005 Express Edition
Object Pascal

> SECURITY
Kerio 2.1.5 (again!)
Ad-Aware

> SYSTEM UTILITIES
Erunt
Total Uninstall 2.35
RegScanner
Safarp

> TEXT
EditPadLite
Adobe Reader

> WEB DESIGN
EditPadLite
xampp

--
Maria Luisa C - 04/04/2006 8.38.27
Never believe straight off in a man's unhappiness. Ask him if he can still

MLC

Apr 4, 2006, 3:07:18 AM4/4/06
martedě 4 aprile 2006 MLC ha scritto:

>> Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

[Internet] or [Web Design]

I forgot WordPress.
--
Maria Luisa C - 04/04/2006 9.04.58