OT: GRC

Bill Bradshaw

Feb 17, 2024, 1:26:40 PMFeb 17
There are individuals here that use GRC. I can receive the messages but can
not post. Could somebody post there send settings? Using Win 10 Pro with
OE and POP.

<Bill>

Yuhler Speertraeger

Feb 17, 2024, 2:31:30 PMFeb 17

On article <l3cc2q...@mid.individual.net>, Bill Bradshaw wrote
(at least in part):
You'll find how-to instructions at
https://www.grc.com/discussions.htm

--
Best,
Yuhler

Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(

Shadow

Feb 17, 2024, 2:44:31 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 09:26:32 -0900, "Bill Bradshaw" <brad...@gci.net>
wrote:

>There are individuals here that use GRC. I can receive the messages but can
>not post. Could somebody post there send settings? Using Win 10 Pro with
>OE and POP.

Server: 4.79.142.203
Port: 11911
NO encryption.

login == password (it just checks they are the same)
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Bill Bradshaw

Feb 18, 2024, 3:52:48 PMFeb 18
I have not been able to post to GCR with either OE or Thunderbird. In their
Newsreader Configuration they state that to post both the username and
password must be the same. So I have done this and still no luck. Is this
what I should be doing?

<Bill>

Bill Bradshaw

Feb 18, 2024, 3:57:35 PMFeb 18
This is what I had to do. It is now working. Who the hell would have ever
thought this.

<Bill>

Mike Easter

Feb 18, 2024, 4:08:48 PMFeb 18
Bill Bradshaw wrote:
> It is now working.

Steve Gibson does a lot of interesting things; maybe his greatest
exposure now is Security Now w/ Leo Laporte which in typical SG fashion
he provides access to its archives in a 'plethora' of forms.

https://www.grc.com/SecurityNow.htm

--
Mike Easter

KenW