Winamp Revival

wasbit

Jan 24, 2022, 4:39:55 AM1/24/22
According to this article it seems Winamp, the famous free audio player, is
set to be revived but in what form or whether freeware is yet to be seen.
-
https://www.reviewgeek.com/103729/the-classic-winamp-music-player-is-coming-back-with-a-twist/

There is nothing on the Winamp main page
- https://www.winamp.com/

However you can sign up to be a beta tester
-
https://audiovalley.typeform.com/betatester?typeform-source=www.techradar.com

--
regards
wasbit

Shadow

Jan 24, 2022, 9:34:13 AM1/24/22
On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 09:39:44 -0000, "wasbit"
<wasbit...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>According to this article it seems Winamp, the famous free audio player, is
>set to be revived but in what form or whether freeware is yet to be seen.
> -
>https://www.reviewgeek.com/103729/the-classic-winamp-music-player-is-coming-back-with-a-twist/
>
>There is nothing on the Winamp main page
> - https://www.winamp.com/

Can't think of anything that can be "improved" in Winamp. It
plays just about every format available and has a easy-to-use
interface.
"Monetize" it?
LOL. That would be spyware, adware or cryptomining. Smartphone
users will probably love the concept.

>However you can sign up to be a beta tester
> -
>https://audiovalley.typeform.com/betatester?typeform-source=www.techradar.com

I'll pass.
LOL
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Bucky /(*(^:P/ Breeder

Jan 24, 2022, 11:24:56 AM1/24/22
wasbit <wasbit...@hotmail.com> posted this:
Been using it for nearly 2-centuries... version 5.666, Build 3516.

Still perfect for SHOUTcast (online streaming radio) stations and playing
local folders. The resultant sound is so superior to native WMP versions.

Need to be careful of plug-ins and add-ons... and as long as it's been
"orphaned", folks should take care where they obtain a fresh copy of the
installer... but other than than, it's almost better than creamed cheese on
Ritz crackers topped with kimche!

It really does "Whip the Llama's Ass!"

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaF-nRS_CWM>

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;

And *NO*, that is *NOT* a Jedi Light Saber I have in my pocket!

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to see you either.

David Brooks

Jan 24, 2022, 1:52:49 PM1/24/22
On 24 Jan 2022, "Bucky /(*(^:P/ Breeder"
<the-real_Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.o
ut> wrote:

> wasbit <wasbit...@hotmail.com> posted this:
>
>> According to this article it seems Winamp, the famous free
>> audio player, is set to be revived but in what form or
>> whether freeware is yet to be seen.
>> -
>> https://www.reviewgeek.com/103729/the-classic-winamp-music-
>> player-is-comi ng-back-with-a-twist/
>>
>> There is nothing on the Winamp main page
>> - https://www.winamp.com/
>>
>> However you can sign up to be a beta tester
>> -
>> https://audiovalley.typeform.com/betatester?typeform-source
>> =www.techradar .com
>

> Been using it for nearly 2-centuries... version 5.666,
> Build 3516.

There is ZERO evidence to support that statement. Sad. Do you
mean 2-decades?

David Brooks

Jan 24, 2022, 2:38:55 PM1/24/22
On 24/01/2022 18:52, David Brooks did *NOT* write this post!

> On 24 Jan 2022, "Bucky /(*(^:P/ Breeder"
> <the-real_Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.o
> ut> wrote:
>
>> wasbit <wasbit...@hotmail.com> posted this:
>>
>>> According to this article it seems Winamp, the famous free
>>> audio player, is set to be revived but in what form or
>>> whether freeware is yet to be seen.
>>> -
>>> https://www.reviewgeek.com/103729/the-classic-winamp-music-
>>> player-is-comi ng-back-with-a-twist/
>>>
>>> There is nothing on the Winamp main page
>>> - https://www.winamp.com/
>>>
>>> However you can sign up to be a beta tester
>>> -
>>> https://audiovalley.typeform.com/betatester?typeform-source
>>> =www.techradar .com
>>

>> Been using it for nearly 2-centuries... version 5.666,
>> Build 3516.
>
> There is ZERO evidence to support that statement. Sad. Do you
> mean 2-decades?

How strange. I was eating my dinner when *THAT* DB post was made - far
away from any computer!

So ...... A forgery for sure!

JJ

Jan 25, 2022, 4:04:50 AM1/25/22
What I can expect from it:

- Larger, more space wasting UI, dumbified UI, and UI animations. Cause this
is what has been trending now.

- Poisoned with social crap and possibly non _player_ related bloats. Quote
from the website: "For artists and audio creators we’re all about giving you
control over your content. We’ll help you to connect closely with your fans
and earn a fairer income from doing what you love."

- More possible bloats as suggested/demanded by business partners. Quote
from the website: "Partner with us as we release an innovative refresh of
the world’s most iconic audio player. Whatever business opportunity you have
in mind, we’d love to chat."

Quote from the website: "Oldie but goldie". Yes it was. But not for the
newer versions. The goldies are the older versions.

Bucky Breeder

Jan 25, 2022, 12:45:47 PM1/25/22
David Brooks <Da...@invalid.invalid> posted this:
Hmmm... Even so, it seems like I was using Winamp in the 1990s and 2000s,
so maybe it just seems like "decades" to peeples wiht veyr leetle brians
and pensis so wat they haz to argoo 'bout sumthin, rite?

Winamp really whips the llama's ass! That must be true or they couldn't
say it on the internets! Some peeples just cannot accept the *truth*!

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaF-nRS_CWM>

And the "evidence" is: I haz seen it wit my very own eyes. That is
"evidence" in any court of law. Look it up on teh Googles...

!BAM - Whoomped another troll/suppressive-personality/dumbass!

Hope this helps.

Bucky Breeder

Jan 25, 2022, 12:47:41 PM1/25/22
David Brooks <Dav...@invalid.E-S> posted this :

> There is ZERO evidence to support that statement. Sad. Do you
> mean 2-decades?

There is plenty of evidence to support that YOU ARE A DUMBASS!

BAM! Whoomped another troll/suppressive-personality/dumbass.

Hope this helps.

s|b

Jan 25, 2022, 3:48:20 PM1/25/22
On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 09:39:44 -0000, wasbit wrote:

> According to this article it seems Winamp, the famous free audio player, is
> set to be revived but in what form or whether freeware is yet to be seen.

I've been using AIMP 3.x for some time now. Last time I used WinAmp it
was pretty bloated.

--
s|b

Shadow

Jan 26, 2022, 4:07:33 AM1/26/22
Winamp Lite v5.666 (released in 2013) is 4MB. That's what I
use. And it's easily made portable. Installed with some plugins it's
still under 10MB. (didn't include my skins folder in that calc, that's
at 27MB, I've been collecting skins since the 90's)
I often see pretty simple stuff announced as "tiny" at 50MB at
download sites.
It's all relative. But "bloated" is the wrong word.

Dex

Jan 26, 2022, 4:29:41 AM1/26/22
Haven't used Winamp in years, been using foobar2000 since ~2003.

John C.

Jan 26, 2022, 5:15:41 AM1/26/22
wasbit wrote:
> According to this article it seems Winamp, the famous free audio player,
> is set to be revived but in what form or whether freeware is yet to be
> seen.
> -
> https://www.reviewgeek.com/103729/the-classic-winamp-music-player-is-coming-back-with-a-twist/
>
> There is nothing on the Winamp main page
> - https://www.winamp.com/

This main page takes a long time to load (on my system at least) and
then you have to use your scroll wheel to move down on the page. Each
turn of the mouse wheel overwrites the page with sections, each
different from the other if that makes sense. Eventually, you reach a
download button that has this URL:

https://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp58_3660_beta_full_en-us.exe

> However you can sign up to be a beta tester
> -
> https://audiovalley.typeform.com/betatester?typeform-source=www.techradar.com

Personally, I use XMPlay. It's never let me down.

--
John C. BS206. No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, pirated,
share, spy, time-limited, trial or web wares for me please. I filter out

Shadow

Jan 26, 2022, 7:17:16 AM1/26/22
On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 02:15:33 -0800, "John C." <r9j...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>wasbit wrote:
>> According to this article it seems Winamp, the famous free audio player,
>> is set to be revived but in what form or whether freeware is yet to be
>> seen.
>> -
>> https://www.reviewgeek.com/103729/the-classic-winamp-music-player-is-coming-back-with-a-twist/
>>
>> There is nothing on the Winamp main page
>> - https://www.winamp.com/
>
>This main page takes a long time to load (on my system at least) and
>then you have to use your scroll wheel to move down on the page. Each
>turn of the mouse wheel overwrites the page with sections, each
>different from the other if that makes sense. Eventually, you reach a
>download button that has this URL:
>
>https://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp58_3660_beta_full_en-us.exe

7.82MB
Dated 22 Oct 2018
That's a long time for a beta.
Project abandoned?
[]'s

>> However you can sign up to be a beta tester
>> -
>> https://audiovalley.typeform.com/betatester?typeform-source=www.techradar.com
>
>Personally, I use XMPlay. It's never let me down.

John C.

Jan 26, 2022, 5:31:25 PM1/26/22
Shadow wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 02:15:33 -0800, "John C." <r9j...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> wasbit wrote:
>>> According to this article it seems Winamp, the famous free audio player,
>>> is set to be revived but in what form or whether freeware is yet to be
>>> seen.
>>> -
>>> https://www.reviewgeek.com/103729/the-classic-winamp-music-player-is-coming-back-with-a-twist/
>>>
>>> There is nothing on the Winamp main page
>>> - https://www.winamp.com/
>>
>> This main page takes a long time to load (on my system at least) and
>> then you have to use your scroll wheel to move down on the page. Each
>> turn of the mouse wheel overwrites the page with sections, each
>> different from the other if that makes sense. Eventually, you reach a
>> download button that has this URL:
>>
>> https://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp58_3660_beta_full_en-us.exe
>
> 7.82MB
> Dated 22 Oct 2018
> That's a long time for a beta.
> Project abandoned?
> []'s

If you go to the home page and then *patiently* scroll down to where the
download button is, it says:

"Looking for the current version of Winamp? While we’re working hard on
the new Winamp, you can still download the current 5.8 version here.

We recommend downloading this version rather than any other as we
guarantee it is safe for you to use."

>>> However you can sign up to be a beta tester
>>> -
>>> https://audiovalley.typeform.com/betatester?typeform-source=www.techradar.com
>>
>> Personally, I use XMPlay. It's never let me down.
> --
> Don't be evil - Google 2004
> We have a new policy - Google 2012
> Google Fuchsia - 2021

Shadow

Jan 26, 2022, 5:50:29 PM1/26/22
On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 14:31:16 -0800, "John C." <r9j...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Shadow wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 02:15:33 -0800, "John C." <r9j...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
..snip...
>>> This main page takes a long time to load (on my system at least) and
>>> then you have to use your scroll wheel to move down on the page. Each
>>> turn of the mouse wheel overwrites the page with sections, each
>>> different from the other if that makes sense. Eventually, you reach a
>>> download button that has this URL:
>>>
>>> https://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp58_3660_beta_full_en-us.exe
>>
>> 7.82MB
>> Dated 22 Oct 2018
>> That's a long time for a beta.
>> Project abandoned?
>> []'s
>
>If you go to the home page and then *patiently* scroll down to where the
>download button is, it says:
>
>"Looking for the current version of Winamp? While we’re working hard on
>the new Winamp, you can still download the current 5.8 version here.
>
>We recommend downloading this version rather than any other as we
>guarantee it is safe for you to use."

Try downloading:

<https://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp_pooh.exe>

And compare the checksum with yours.
Methinks Pooh is "monetyzing" it.
:)
The plot thickens....
[]'s

p-0''0-h the cat (coder)

Jan 26, 2022, 6:42:33 PM1/26/22
On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 19:50:23 -0300, Shadow <S...@dow.br> wrote:

> Try downloading:
>
><https://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp_pooh.exe>
>
> And compare the checksum with yours.
> Methinks Pooh is "monetyzing" it.

Shit, do you know anything about this?

> :)
> The plot thickens....

Live everyday like you're a cat.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur, Pooh Dendum, scouringerer,
jumped up chav, punk ass dole whore troll, no nothing innumerate religious
maniac, lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian, professional bully and stalker,
the most complete ignoid, joker, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

I mark any messages from trolls »Q« and 'Arlene' Holder as stinky

Shit the Cat

Jan 26, 2022, 6:48:18 PM1/26/22
On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 23:42:27 +0000, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
<super...@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 19:50:23 -0300, Shadow <S...@dow.br> wrote:
>
>> Try downloading:
>>
>><https://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp_pooh.exe>
>>
>> And compare the checksum with yours.
>> Methinks Pooh is "monetyzing" it.
>
>Shit, do you know anything about this?

Well, er

>> :)
>> The plot thickens....
>
>Live everyday like you're a cat.
>
>Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
Shit the cat
Webmeister in waiting
Copyright theft advisor
http://shitsworld.com

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Jan 27, 2022, 9:11:55 AM1/27/22
On 1/26/2022 5:07 PM, Shadow wrote:
> Winamp Lite v5.666 (released in 2013) is 4MB. That's what I
> use. And it's easily made portable. Installed with some plugins it's
> still under 10MB. (didn't include my skins folder in that calc, that's
> at 27MB, I've been collecting skins since the 90's)

foobar2000 is also about 4M in size.

There is also mpg123 the command-line mp3 player. :)

David Brooks

Jan 29, 2022, 2:03:32 PM1/29/22
On Jan 25, 2022 Bucky Breeder
wrote:

> David Brooks <Da...@invalid.invalid> posted this:
>
>> On 24/01/2022 18:52, David Brooks did write this post!
Are YOU able to help here? Tech support is ALWAYS welcome!

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=
7baf78648f35e748d064552d15035c55&t=392606