What is Wine?

Nic

Aug 31, 2021, 8:35:29 AM8/31/21
https://www.winehq.org/

Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator") is a
compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several
POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, & BSD. Instead
of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator,
Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly,
eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and
allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.

holyghost

Sep 23, 2021, 3:19:16 PM9/23/21
It's very good, I have it on my freebsd machine. Looks nice with VNC.

holly

--
(__)
oo )

My Software & Art company (donations are welcome) :
https://ko-fi.com/brandywine9