UVCView - MS USB info program

dewey edwards

Aug 23, 2008, 9:56:15 PM8/23/08
Saw this program mentioned in another group (and here a while ago, but only
32bit). MS used to offer it free, but recently pulled it, now it's part of
the MDSN package. If you need to know about an attached USB device, this
is nice.

MS describes it thusly,

"UVCView.exe (USB Video Class descriptor viewer) is a development tool that
allows the user to examine the descriptors on any attached USB device.
UVCView is a variation on USBView, which ships in this Windows Driver Kit
(WDK) as a sample in the USB section. UVCView adds descriptive descriptor
information for multimedia USB Audio and Video Class devices.

UVCView includes one binary component: UVCView.exe. In the Windows Server
2008 WDK, this executable is located in the tools\avstream folder
hierarchy. For documentation, see the USBView sample in
WDKPath\src\usb\usbview.

UVCView binaries are provided for x86-based and x64-based architectures.
UVCView runs on Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Windows 2003 Server, and
Vista."

I found links for 3 versions by using the Wayback Machine

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Put one of the following in the web address block.

x86 version:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/b/a/eba1050f-a31d-436b-9281-92cdfeae4b45/UVCView.x86.exe
IA64 version:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/b/a/eba1050f-a31d-436b-9281-92cdfeae4b45/UVCView.ia64.exe
AMD64 version:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/b/a/eba1050f-a31d-436b-9281-92cdfeae4b45/UVCView.x64.exe

Program is a no-install. And interesting.

MJ

Aug 24, 2008, 2:18:30 PM8/24/08
dewey edwards <pleas...@YOOHOO.yahoo.com> wrote in

FYI - I get "Page Cannot Be Found" on all 3 links.
MJ

dewey edwards

Aug 24, 2008, 2:28:15 PM8/24/08

Links are meant to be used with the wayback machine (my bad on not making
that clearer)

eg

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/b/a/eba1050f-a31d-436b-9281-92cdfeae4b45/UVCView.x86.exe

will get the 32bit version.

MJ

Aug 24, 2008, 2:43:37 PM8/24/08

>>> 92 cdfeae4b45/UVCView.x64.exe

>>> Program is a no-install. And interesting.
>>> --
>> FYI - I get "Page Cannot Be Found" on all 3 links.
>> MJ
>
> Links are meant to be used with the wayback machine (my bad on not
> making that clearer)
>
> eg
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/b
> /a/eba1050f-a31d-436b-9281-92cdfeae4b45/UVCView.x86.exe
>
> will get the 32bit version.

Got it,Thanks for clarifying. Wayback is a new one for me

MJ

srin...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2017, 5:50:27 PM7/7/17
Thank you.