Free GoToMyPC?

1 view

rickyb...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2007, 8:55:11 AM6/14/07
This morning, in one of the cnet newsletters, I saw a new program from
Vedivi called Wallcooler that appears to do everything GoToMyPC does
but as freeware (although there is a paid version for more features).
The problem with the cnet stuff is that there is never any reviews, so
has anyone out there tried this yet? It sounds really interesting and
something all you freeware advocates would like.

http://www.vedivi.com/pricing

Rickybee
http://www.rickybee.com

bluerhinoceros

Jun 14, 2007, 11:10:48 PM6/14/07

GoToMyPC is like PCAnywhere, providing specific machine console. I think
this Wallcooler looks more like a Hamachi clone, a general VPN.

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/advantages.asp

Cheers.

jedisb

Jun 15, 2007, 1:52:44 PM6/15/07
On Jun 14, 8:55 am, "rickybee2...@gmail.com" <rickybee2...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This morning, in one of the cnet newsletters, I saw a new program from
> Vedivi called Wallcooler that appears to do everything GoToMyPC does
> but as freeware (although there is a paid version for more features).

VNC has been around for a while and is free. There are several
"flavors" to choose from, but they all work together well.

Krazee Brenda

Jun 15, 2007, 3:58:17 PM6/15/07

I reset my network settings, reboot, no joy, noseeum my laptop on my
Krazee Network.

Phooeyware?
--
This is what I looked like after John "Heartless" Corliss called me a
troll.

brain...@googlemail.com

Jun 18, 2007, 5:22:07 AM6/18/07
On Jun 15, 8:58 pm, Krazee Brenda <i...@sanibleone.com> wrote:

I've been using WallCooler for 2 weeks now (switched from GoToMyPC).
Installed it on my home computer and laptop and it works stright away.
Then, went on to remotely install it on my home computer (I have Win
Remote Desktop port open on my home broadband router) and then I had a
strange thing: Installation wnet ok, restarted ok, connected again via
RD but no wallcooler anywhere!!!

Tried everything (cliking exe, stop/start service, etc): nothing.

Finnaly, sent a mail to the support team. The answer was that you
cannot install WallCooler using Remote Desktop, you need to be logged
in directly on the PC (which is a bit of a pain, but one off).

Went home that evening and effectively, I was able to login to
wallcooler and connect to the office. :-))

rickybee: it's a great tools for remote work. I need to access remote
DB servers from home and using just a remote screen software was a bit
limitating at time. Since installing WC, I have access to the whole
remote network and can directly use Toad to work on my databases.

Krazee Brenda

Jun 19, 2007, 12:36:55 PM6/19/07
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 02:22:07 -0700, brain...@googlemail.com wrote:

> Since installing WC, I have access to the whole
> remote network and can directly use Toad to work on my databases.

Frog n Toad are friends
Friendly to the end....