automated software for pictures gallery

g.bon

Sep 27, 2016, 7:10:58 AM9/27/16
Hi, i'm looking for a software that would make a page or some pages of
thumbnails of images.
I would like that visitor click on thumbnail to see full size image.
I don't have any web page creator software yet and don't know how to
program this in html.
Freewares or cheap softwares should exist...
Thanks for any advice.
GB

Gary R. Schmidt

Sep 27, 2016, 10:24:08 AM9/27/16
This is a full-on photo album thingy, but it does what you asked for:
http://phpgraphy.sourceforge.net/

I've been using it for years, it appears to have been abandoned.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

--
When men talk to their friends, they insult each other.
They don't really mean it.

Stormin' Norman

Sep 27, 2016, 10:51:20 AM9/27/16
If you adopt Wordpress as the framework for your website, you will find many free and very capable photo
gallery plugins that will serve your purpose.

David

Sep 27, 2016, 6:24:18 PM9/27/16
In article <57ea53bf$0$24797$426a...@news.free.fr>, g.b...@free.fr,
g.bon says...
Picasa, now no longer updated by Google, has an "Export as HTML page"
that creates thumbnails linking to the bigger pics.

An easy way to install Picasa, if you can't find it at Google, is to use
PatchMyPC...
https://patchmypc.net/download

PatchMyPC is a standalone app.

M.L.

Sep 27, 2016, 9:38:30 PM9/27/16
IrfanView can create an HTML page of thumbnails linked to originals
or a copy of the originals.

File->Thumbnails (new thumbnails window opens)

Navigate to directory of images

File->Save selected thumbs as HTML file
- Be sure to uncheck "Create one HTML file for each thumbnail"

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Sep 28, 2016, 8:28:36 AM9/28/16
On 28/09/16 09:38, M.L. wrote:
> IrfanView can create an HTML page of thumbnails linked to originals
> or a copy of the originals.
>
> File->Thumbnails (new thumbnails window opens)
>
> Navigate to directory of images
>
> File->Save selected thumbs as HTML file
> - Be sure to uncheck "Create one HTML file for each thumbnail"

Good suggestion... :)

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3