Edge Blocker - Majorgeeks

occam

Jun 2, 2023, 3:07:32 AM6/2/23
Edge Blocker v1.90 advertises itself on Majorgeeks as:

"Edge Blocker allows you to easily block or unblock Microsoft Edge as
often as you like.

also

"There are many reasons to use this. One reason might be that Edge can
often be used on a restricted account. Or maybe you don't want it forced
on you for a web browser or PDF reader. Whatever the reason, if you need
to block access to Edge, this is a simple solution. "

It is a portable app. However, when I download the .zip file, I get the
following unusual warning: "This file is not commonly downloaded".

Anyone use it? Is the warning a self-defence ploy by Win 10?

Download source:
<https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/edge_blocker.html>

AllanH

Jun 2, 2023, 6:14:35 AM6/2/23
Your Web Browser security settings may display the warning. I don't see
it at all when I download the file.

I prefer MSEdgeRedirect, which opens your default Browser instead of
Microsoft Edge. It is still Beta, but I've had no problem with it since
I began using it in March.
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/msedgeredirect.html

occam

Jun 2, 2023, 6:53:24 AM6/2/23
On 02/06/2023 12:14, AllanH wrote:
> On 6/2/2023 2:07 AM, occam wrote:
>
>> Edge Blocker v1.90 advertises itself on Majorgeeks as:
>>
>> "Edge Blocker allows you to easily block or unblock Microsoft Edge as
>> often as you like.
>>
>> also
>>
>> "There are many reasons to use this. One reason might be that Edge can
>> often be used on a restricted account. Or maybe you don't want it forced
>> on you for a web browser or PDF reader. Whatever the reason, if you need
>> to block access to Edge, this is a simple solution. "
>>
>> It is a portable app. However, when I download the .zip file,  I get the
>> following unusual warning: "This file is not commonly downloaded".
>>
>> Anyone use it? Is the warning a self-defence ploy by Win 10?
>>

>> Download source:
>> <https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/edge_blocker.html>
>
> Your Web Browser security settings may display the warning. I don't see
> it at all when I download the file.

You are right. It's my default Firefox browser showing the warning.
Surprisingly, when I download it with Edge, the warning is not there. ;-)

ri...@lol.com

Jun 2, 2023, 1:39:32 PM6/2/23
In article <kdu00v...@mid.individual.net>
In Win 7 I use it's built in firewall to block programs.