Window Focus

AlleyCat

Dec 20, 2009, 7:14:14 PM12/20/09

I run a batch file to start explorer and choice to pick which gaming
site I wish to visit, i.e., MSN spades, Hearts... what I'd like to know,
is if I can get the DOS window to come back to "always on top" when the
batch file needs further input. Thanks.

Al

Robert Roland

Dec 21, 2009, 4:15:31 AM12/21/09
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:14:14 -0600, AlleyCat <a...@aohell.com> wrote:

>get the DOS window to come back to "always on top" when the
>batch file needs further input

Take a look at AutoIt3: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

It has all sorts of window manipulation capabilities. Once you get the
hang of it, you'll probably start using it more and more, and
gradually abandon batch.
--
RoRo

Calvin

Dec 21, 2009, 6:15:00 AM12/21/09
Hi AlleyCat,

CMDOW from here http://www.commandline.co.uk/cmdow/ should be very
useful in assisting you achieve what you want. The /top and /vis
switches would probably be a good point to start with.

All the best,

Calvin.

Tim Meddick

Dec 21, 2009, 9:11:32 AM12/21/09
I've looked at the alternatives [suggested here] and one very popular util to
manipulate individual Windows (bring to front / stay on top / send to back / hide
/show /etc.) is the powerful commandline utility : "nircmd.exe"

Having downloaded & looked at the other suggestions, I think this to be the easier to
use.

To download the zip file containing "nircmd.exe" and it's help file "nircmd.chm"
click on the link below :

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.zip

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

"AlleyCat" <a...@aohell.com> wrote in message

AlleyCat

Dec 21, 2009, 6:35:32 PM12/21/09
In article <033f45f9$0$1362$c3e...@news.astraweb.com>,
nos...@spamcop.net says...
Thanks guys for all your input. CMDOW works just fine!

Al