What Windows Usenet Readers These Days?

Al Puzzuoli

Sep 13, 2016, 4:13:59 PM9/13/16
Just curious what screen reader friendly Windows Usenet readers people
are using these days? For Text Groups, Thunderbird seems to be working
pretty well for me. But what about for binaries? I'd like to use Forte
Agent, but it seems not to play very nicely with Jaws 17. What others
are folks using for both text and binary groups?
Thanks,
Al

John Doe

Sep 13, 2016, 6:53:15 PM9/13/16
I do not know about screen readers, but in case you have not
tried Xnews... It is compatible with Dragon NaturallySpeaking
speech to text. Very few programs are, so maybe that is a good
sign. Anyone who has tried it with a screen reader can override
my suggestion. Unfortunately it has not been updated since about
2006, but it still works.

Brian Gaff

Sep 15, 2016, 5:28:51 AM9/15/16
I have the hacked version of the old Outlook Express on 7 and 10, but
beware, Microsoft is not amused as when the anniversary update came out it
removed Outlook express to a folder and lost all the emails.

Personally, as the hack seems to only involve a few extra dlls it puzzles me
why they did not continue its development and instead came up with various
clients, none of which had much accessibility.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Al Puzzuoli" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Brian Gaff

Sep 15, 2016, 5:31:40 AM9/15/16
I think there are many like this. I've not tried it, where can it be
downloaded from?
Brian

--
----- -