Dropbox drops xp

1 view

Brian Gaff

Aug 31, 2016, 6:41:28 AM8/31/16

We're reaching out to let you know that Dropbox no longer supports the
Windows XP operating system and Windows Vista is the minimum required
Windows version to run the Dropbox desktop application. Since one or more of
your computers was recently running the Dropbox desktop application (client)
on this operating system, you've been signed out of the Dropbox desktop
application on those computer(s). These devices will no longer be able to
access the Dropbox desktop application and/or send and receive Dropbox file
updates.

Don't worry - your files and photos haven't gone anywhere. To continue using
the Dropbox desktop application you can follow Microsoft's instructions to
update to Windows Vista or later. If you're unable to update your operating
system, you can continue to access your files through the Dropbox website.

If you have multiple computers running the Dropbox desktop application, you
can visit your Dropbox account settings to view which of your devices are
still linked to Dropbox.

For more information, please visit our Help Center.

- The Dropbox Team

Interesting as I was in an NHS Hospital this morning where all the computers
I heard power up are running windows XP.
And there was I thinking only I had some left
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Arno Schuh

Aug 31, 2016, 4:21:06 PM8/31/16
Just for uploading by a client on XP you still can use CarotDAV.
Unfortunately CarotDAV didn't offer the feature to let you shaer a link,
yet.

Brian Gaff

Sep 9, 2016, 2:29:30 AM9/9/16
That is not my issue. Certain services I use only use dropbox shared
folders to update a web site so all other services are out.
Brian

--
----- -
"Arno Schuh" <arno....@in-trier.de> wrote in message