A strange reverse conversion query

Brian Gaff

Jul 20, 2019, 3:02:26 AM7/20/19
Most people want to convert text files to Braille files, but I have been
given a few short articles in .BRL format and need to make them into Ascii.
They were written on a brailledge 40 apparently, but I don't know enough
about the device to know if the originator would be able to load them back
into their notepad, and save them out as text files onto the sd card rather
than .BRL ones. It seems these are written in contracted Braille.
Any ideas? There does seem to be a possible solution in the windows 10
store for free, but since I do not use Windows 10, and these apps have a
very bad record on accessibility I'm loathe to investigate further. I assume
the paid for apps may do it, but only in the full version, and I thought
Robobraille might have been able to but if it does I do not see how.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Oct 28, 2020, 6:05:14 PM10/28/20
In article <qguea1$jfe$1...@dont-email.me>, bri...@blueyonder.co.uk writes:
>Most people want to convert text files to Braille files, but I have been
>given a few short articles in .BRL format and need to make them into Ascii.
> They were written on a brailledge 40 apparently, but I don't know enough
>about the device to know if the originator would be able to load them back
>into their notepad, and save them out as text files onto the sd card rather
>than .BRL ones. It seems these are written in contracted Braille.
> Any ideas? There does seem to be a possible solution in the windows 10
>store for free, but since I do not use Windows 10, and these apps have a
>very bad record on accessibility I'm loathe to investigate further. I assume
>the paid for apps may do it, but only in the full version, and I thought
>Robobraille might have been able to but if it does I do not see how.
Kurzweil 1000 can convert these BRL files to plain text. If you don't have that
program, I'd gladly do the articles for you.