Dropbox comes back from the dead.

Brian Gaff

Sep 15, 2016, 5:30:46 AM9/15/16
I noticed the other day that the machines with dropbox running XP embedded,
or rather pretending to run it, have suddenly started to work in Dropbox
desktop client again, only requiring a log in. Whether this is an oversight
or a rethink, I'm not sure, so I'm not going to tell them directly if you
don't.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Brian Gaff

Nov 23, 2016, 1:18:20 PM11/23/16
Then goes then comes back again but not on amd processors.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Brian Gaff" <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

John Doe

Nov 23, 2016, 7:37:17 PM11/23/16
I have never bothered to find out what dropbox is. I guess it
has to do with filesharing or syncing. Never been very
interested in either. Anything I send to a server for storage
gets zipped and password-protected before uploading.

I am impressed that any ordinary user can use syncing. I always
wonder how the program knows what data I want replaced in what
location.

Brian Gaff

Nov 24, 2016, 3:14:35 AM11/24/16
Well you can change the behaviour if you want,but generally the last update
is the last update but it keeps incremental changes so you can roll back if
you wantI use it so I can send fiends public links to files and the email is
of course very small.
You can share folders if someone you know has dropbox on any device.
We use it for the talking newspaper at the studio, and I grab it here and
upload it to the web site again using dropbox.
The one thing that I do not like about it is that they keep updating the
program and every so often manage to break something on one platform or
another. They usually fix it, but of course they now no longer officially
support XP machines, so one needs to be creative if one uses one on the
system.

Brian

--
----- -