eonsysrev_1.dll reported as virus

FromTheRafters

Dec 21, 2002, 7:42:17 PM12/21/02

"KenW" <ke...@nono.net> wrote in message
news:9ou90vs2dlre30vg8...@4ax.com...
> KAV caught this. A google search did not turn up any info.

Reported as which virus?

Alex L

Jan 8, 2003, 4:40:33 AM1/8/03
same thing here...
reported as:

C:\WINNT\system32\EONSYSREV_1.DLL Suspicious Type_Win32

googled it to no avail...

Any ideas

Gabriela Salvisberg

Jan 8, 2003, 3:50:46 PM1/8/03
KenW <ke...@nono.net> wrote:

>KAV caught this. A google search did not turn up any info.
>

>Thanks.........KenW

Update again, scan again and if there's still no real virus name,
submit the file to the KAV lab (support @ kaspersky.com) and tell them
what your KAV scanner reported.

Maybe the file is spyware. Did you check it with Lavasoft Ad-Aware?
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

HTH
Gabriela

FromTheRafters

Jan 8, 2003, 7:08:36 PM1/8/03

"Alex L" <pav...@online.de> wrote in message

> same thing here...
> reported as:
>
> C:\WINNT\system32\EONSYSREV_1.DLL Suspicious Type_Win32

From the F-Secure site:

ALIAS: Suspicious Win32 PE

Suspicious code has been found from a Windows program file. This could be a new,
unknown virus or simply a program which happens to contain code similar to
viruses. Submit a sample to F-Secure for analysis.

HTH

John G.

Feb 1, 2003, 1:49:24 AM2/1/03
Have any of you installed "newsbin" by chance?

This DLL file is used in choking newsbin's connection when its "please
register" screen pops up. Nice incentive to register their product. At
least this is what I have concluded. could be wrong...