RmlsbWF0aW9u nM= SUPERBOY Cartoons Are Back -- Finally. But there’s a catch...

Ubiquitous

Jan 1, 2019, 10:29:02 AM1/1/19
For a number of years, Filmation's kitschy DC superhero cartoons from
the '60s have been widely available on disc and for download - except
for The Adventures of Superboy.

Batman (both 1968 and 1977 versions), Superman and Aquaman have all
been out there. So have the "super superhero" guest shorts featuring
the Atom, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, the Justice League of America
and the Teen Titans.

But the Boy of Steel has been stuck in official limbo - digital pirates
notwithstanding - though I seem to recall his 1966-'69 series of shorts
were briefly available through Warner Archive's streaming service some
time ago. (I could be wrong about that, so please correct me in the
comments if that's the case.)

In any event, the series, which originally ran in tandem with The New
Adventures of Superman, is finally available again. Thing is, you can
only get it in once place - the recently launched DC Universe app - and
the 18 first-season episodes remain missing.

DC Universe posted the cartoons with zero fanfare - and you'd be
forgiven for not being able to find them easily if you're a subscriber:
They're attached to the Season 2 and 3 New Adventures of Superman
cartoons that appeared on the app in the last week or so. My eagle-eyed
son noticed them last night.

Still, there are 16 installments of Superboy and Krypto getting into
all sorts of trouble - which is better than nothing, for sure. (Fun
fact: Superboy/Clark Kent was voiced by Bob Hastings, who would go on
to play Commissioner Gordon in Batman: The Animated Series.)

That's OK, Krypto. You're a very good boy.

What amazes me, though, is that Aquaman, the cartoon that helped an
entire generation discover the Swift and Powerful Monarch of the Ocean,
is still not on the app. You'd think that with the Jason Momoa movie a
blockbuster, DC Universe would throw everything it could at you. But at
least his adventures are readily available.

And so, finally, are Superboy's. Or at least about half his cartoons.

For info on DC Universe, click here.
https://www.dcuniverse.com/

anim8rfsk

Jan 1, 2019, 12:42:28 PM1/1/19
Tue, 01 Jan 2019 08:28:53 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> For a number of years, Filmation's kitschy DC superhero cartoons from
> the '60s have been widely available on disc and for download - except
> for The Adventures of Superboy.
>
> Batman (both 1968 and 1977 versions), Superman and Aquaman have all

Aquaman!

> been out there. So have the "super superhero" guest shorts featuring
> the Atom, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, the Justice League of America
> and the Teen Titans.
>
> But the Boy of Steel has been stuck in official limbo - digital pirates
> notwithstanding - though I seem to recall his 1966-'69 series of shorts
> were briefly available through Warner Archive's streaming service some
> time ago. (I could be wrong about that, so please correct me in the
> comments if that's the case.)
>
> In any event, the series, which originally ran in tandem with The New
> Adventures of Superman, is finally available again. Thing is, you can
> only get it in once place - the recently launched DC Universe app - and
> the 18 first-season episodes remain missing.
>
> DC Universe posted the cartoons with zero fanfare - and you'd be
> forgiven for not being able to find them easily if you're a subscriber:
> They're attached to the Season 2 and 3 New Adventures of Superman
> cartoons that appeared on the app in the last week or so. My eagle-eyed
> son noticed them last night.
>
> Still, there are 16 installments of Superboy and Krypto getting into
> all sorts of trouble - which is better than nothing, for sure. (Fun
> fact: Superboy/Clark Kent was voiced by Bob Hastings, who would go on
> to play Commissioner Gordon in Batman: The Animated Series.)
>
> That's OK, Krypto. You're a very good boy.
>
> What amazes me, though, is that Aquaman, the cartoon that helped an
> entire generation discover the Swift and Powerful Monarch of the Ocean,

Didn't he say Aquaman was out there?

> is still not on the app. You'd think that with the Jason Momoa movie a
> blockbuster, DC Universe would throw everything it could at you. But at
> least his adventures are readily available.
>
> And so, finally, are Superboy's. Or at least about half his cartoons.
>
> For info on DC Universe, click here.
> https://www.dcuniverse.com/

So the take away here is, DC Universe sucks.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ubiquitous

Jan 1, 2019, 12:56:18 PM1/1/19
>> is still not on the app.
>
>Didn't he say Aquaman was out there?

But not on the DC Universe app.

>> You'd think that with the Jason Momoa movie a blockbuster, DC Universe
>> would throw everything it could at you. But at least his adventures are
>> readily available.
>>
>> And so, finally, are Superboy's. Or at least about half his cartoons.
>>
>> For info on DC Universe, click here.
>> https://www.dcuniverse.com/
>
>So the take away here is, DC Universe sucks.

Yeah, one could!

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 1, 2019, 1:51:17 PM1/1/19
Isn't that the default assumption for ALL these new streaming services?

instinct are running screaming.

anim8rfsk

Jan 1, 2019, 3:50:53 PM1/1/19
Tue, 01 Jan 2019 11:51:21 -0700 Dimensional Traveler<dtr...@sonic.net>
wrote:

> On 1/1/2019 9:42 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > Tue, 01 Jan 2019 08:28:53 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> >

> > > For info on DC Universe, click here.
> > > https://www.dcuniverse.com/
> >
> > So the take away here is, DC Universe sucks.
> Isn't that the default assumption for ALL these new streaming services?

So far, yeah.