Snoopy's Speaking Balloon

John

Jun 12, 2020, 2:01:26 PM6/12/20
I'm reading through the Complete Peanuts Collection and noticed that on
the Sunday, January 13, 1962 strip, what has always been a "thought
balloon" capturing Snoopy's thinking, his first engagement here is
actually a "talking Balloon"! I wonder if this was an error on the
artist's part. Has anyone noticed this on this day's strip or anywhere
else in the history of Peanuts?

John

John

Jun 12, 2020, 2:16:12 PM6/12/20
My apologies, the Sunday date is January 13, 1963!  Good Grief!
John

Tim Chow

Jun 22, 2020, 9:19:09 AM6/22/20
This topic came up recently on rec.arts.comics.strips:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.comics.strips/DXVZ3PBDzwM/wuw2e_5MDgAJ

I hadn't noticed the January 13, 1963 strip before...good catch!
But I suspect that this was an error on Schulz's part.

---
Tim Chow