META: Lori's X-Men Fanfiction Archive Is Closed

Kielle

Mar 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/7/99
[The following is posted for Lori McDonald on request: ]

As of March, 1999, Lori's X-Men Fanfiction site is no longer being
updated. I've been maintaining this page for the last five years and now I
just don't have the enthusiasm to do so anymore. There are literally
hundreds of other X-Men sites out there, so I don't think anyone will be
lacking for good stories to read.

I've been coming to this decision for a long time. I only have so much
creative energy in me, and I've been finding it harder and harder to get
the desire to update this site. Finding out I might lose my server space
was the final straw, I guess. I found myself thinking how to save my art
gallery and my other pages, but I never once wondered about this
section. I did some hard thinking and decided that it was time to just let
it go. It's not that the stories aren't any good any more, it's just that I've
moved on in my life to other things and the X-Men are taking a much
smaller part in that. I don't want to take time away from those pursuits
to maintain this anymore.

My apologies to all my authors. It's been a great five years and all of
you are wonderful. I'm sure that all of you will have no trouble finding
other sites to host your work. I'll leave this page up as long as I have the
space for it, but new stories won't be added and older ones won't be
updated. This site is closed and please don't make me feel guilty by
asking me to reopen it. This is hard enough to do.

The Art Gallery will remain open. So will the other sections of my site.
So long as I have space on my provider, I will continue to maintain
them. Only this page is closed.

Again, I thank you all for five years of support.

Lori McDonald
:)

Ruby Lis

Mar 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/7/99
Lori,

Thanks for the time and space you've given my stories over the years. You've
done a helluva job. ;-)

Lis
rub...@aol.com

Carmen J. Bernardo

Mar 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/7/99
This message is primarily directed towards Lori MacDonald, but
anybody can read this:

As much as I'm saddened by Lori's decision to close her fan-
fiction site, I can appreciate her reasons for doing so. The
maintenance of such a large Website has to be a Herculean task,
especially when one has real-life responsibilities to fulfill.
I should know, since I have a fan-fiction series that I've been
putting on hiatus in order to devote energies to my own duties.

Thanks for the years of entertainment that you've devoted,
Lori. May you find success in whatever path you take from here.

Carmen (Yujon3D)