Andrew Wheeler

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

Evening all.

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the X-Writers fan-fiction group.
Well, we are as ever interested in finding new writers to handle several
of the characters in our shared fanfic universe. Currently we have only
three (highly talented) writers writing six titles, so we're very keen to
take on new members to help keep the line alive. Characters currently
available include the entire cast of Excalibur (Nightcrawler, Shadowcat,
Pete Wisdom, Daytripper, Illyana Rasputin, Wolfsbane, Douglock), the
entire cast of X-Force (Tabitha, Sam, Dani, Shatterstar, Rictor, Mist,
Bobby, Terry, Jimmy, Caliban, etc), the former cast of X-Factor
(Mystique, Polaris, Guido, Madrox, Forge, etc) and a few other loosely
random characters such as the Weapon Xers. If you have ideas for either a
team book or a solo book, ongoing or limited series, then please email me
with an outline of your ideas, also giving your age and a URL for
previous fanfic works.

X-Writers is a challenging group to work for. We have our own chronology
which has significantly diverged from Xbooks chronology, and we have to
take special care to be responsible to our fellow writers. On the other
hand, we're supportive, flexible and friendly, and working for X-Writers
is a very rewarding way to write. Controlling a universe is unlike any
other kind of fan-fiction. It can be tricky, but it's also well worth the
effort.

Please get in touch if you're interested. I look forward to a full
inbox. Incidentally, I'm still awaiting word from our Alpha/Beta Flight
and Wolverine writers. If you've been in contact with X-Writers in the
past, we'd also like to hear from you again.

Andrew Wheeler - Outgoing editor, X-Writers.

So farewell then Ginger Spice.
Wheeler takes America: July, August, September '98!