We're good to go with the new fanfic list!!

car...@iguana.ruralnet.net

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Hi all!

Well, Esosoft responded to my request to start a list MIRACULOUSLY
quickly, and after a few hours pouring over the instructions, I
believe we are ready for launch!

The new list is called Outside The Lines. What's behind the name,
you ask? Well, it's because comics depend on lines to tell their
stories--the lines that draw the characters and settings, and the
lines of the dialog balloons. We fanfic writers are stepping over
and outside those established lines when we create tales that will
never appear between those glossy covers. We read between the lines
of established canon to get our private inspiration. Plus, we're
all rebels who insist on the right to color where we WANT to color!

To subscribe, all it takes is a message to

subscribe outsidethelines

(or subscribe outsidethelines-digest if you like your email
chunk-style!)

You'll get a message with a confirmation key. Just hit reply to it,
and you're in!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, the Blue Believers, a sort of loose,
squishy, warm and fuzzy fan club for Beast, Nighty and the blue Muppets
from Sesame Street, plus tons of other mostly serious comics related
chat, is also open at the same address. Just say

subscribe bluebelievers (or bluebeliever-digest)

Thanks for all the support! (This especially means you, Indigo!)

Susan (the Neon Nurse and New Neon ListMom)

car...@iguana.ruralnet.net

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Hey Hawk! I owe you a letter (besides this one!)

> >The new list is called Outside The Lines. What's behind the name,

> [...]

> >You'll get a message with a confirmation key. Just hit reply to it,
> >and you're in!
>

> Does this mean that Untold is offically dead, or is this list in addition
> to Untold?

Untold is still going, if you define going as generating thousands of
bounce messages TO THE LIST *AGAIN*, as of 4/20 am. I have unsubscribed,
so have no further knowledge of Chris's intentions. Or whereabouts, which
is lucky for him as I have a nice big bucket of tar handy to repair my
barnroof this afternoon, and there would be plenty of feathers if I rolled
him on the floor of my chicken coop. (Plenty of other stuff too, but we
needn't go there in any great detail. We've all got perfectly good
imaginations.)

Anyway, I consider Outside The Lines as a replacement list for Untold, a
definition which I guess will hold good whether Untold keeps running or
not.

Catch you later!

Susan

Luba Kmetyk

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Hawk wrote:

> Does this mean that Untold is offically dead, or is this list in addition
> to Untold?

i wish it was officially dead, but i got home
(at 5pm us mountain time) and found 625 bounce
messages i'm still trying to cope with.

i've waited for days now for the list administrator
to straighten out the problem, and i'm surrendering.

i consider susan's list to be the replacement,
no matter what's currently happening to untold,
since we've had multiple instances of these
endless bounce loops since april 1st with no fix.

--

luba
self-appointed keeper of the pryde&wisdom relationship flame

Kaylin

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

How the hell do I unsubscribe from Untold?
I didn't keep my orignal subscribe messages so I don't know how, could some
help, I can't take the bouce's anymore

-Kaylin

Indigo

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In article <353CA581...@mis.net.au>,

Send a message to majo...@grass.org

no subject

body should have unsubscribe untold <youremailgoeshere>

although I think perhaps the list is dead and gone. I tried to send something
to untold last night and got "User unknown" error?

--Indigo

ASYLUM

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:27:48 -0600, car...@iguana.ruralnet.net wrote:

>Hey Hawk! I owe you a letter (besides this one!)

Yes you do, now get crackin!!!

>> >The new list is called Outside The Lines. What's behind the name,
>> [...]
>> >You'll get a message with a confirmation key. Just hit reply to it,
>> >and you're in!

missed original message<stop>
please post address again<stop>
thank you<end>

>> Does this mean that Untold is offically dead, or is this list in addition
>> to Untold?

>Untold is still going, if you define going as generating thousands of

>bounce messages TO THE LIST *AGAIN*, as of 4/20 am. I have unsubscribed,
>so have no further knowledge of Chris's intentions. Or whereabouts, which
>is lucky for him as I have a nice big bucket of tar handy to repair my
>barnroof this afternoon, and there would be plenty of feathers if I rolled
>him on the floor of my chicken coop. (Plenty of other stuff too, but we
>needn't go there in any great detail. We've all got perfectly good
>imaginations.)

>Anyway, I consider Outside The Lines as a replacement list for Untold, a
>definition which I guess will hold good whether Untold keeps running or
>not.

>Catch you later!

>Susan

ASYLUM