Re: This reminds me of Alan Moore's Miracle Man

Duggy

Jan 17, 2012, 1:58:13 AM1/17/12
On Jan 17, 4:33 pm, "Kenneth M. Lin" <kenneth_m_...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/bay-area/2012/01/oakland-police-ident...
>
> Oakland police identify 14-year-old boy as suspect in sexual assaults,
> robberies

That's nice for you?

===
= DUG.
===

Duggy

Jan 17, 2012, 2:36:36 AM1/17/12
On Jan 17, 5:06 pm, Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote:
> On 2012-01-17 01:33:12 -0500, Kenneth M. Lin said:
>
> > Remember when Kid Miracle Man went insane after Miracle Man disappeared
> > from his life?  Without his father figure and moral compass, Kid went
> > on a decade-long raping rampage because he was far more powerful than
> > anyone else on the planet and felt that nobody could touch him.  This
> > wasn't exactly Smallville if you have ever read the issues.
>
> > It was truly the most disturbing story that I have ever read read in
> > American comics and truth is scarier than fiction.
>
> It was a British comic originally; the U.S. edition was reprints.

Marvel Man was a British Comic.

===
= DUG.
===

Duggy

Jan 17, 2012, 10:33:10 AM1/17/12
On Jan 17, 6:43 pm, Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote:
> Same thing, with the title changed so Marvel wouldn't sue.

The changed title was being discussed.

===
= DUG.
===

Kenneth M. Lin

Jan 17, 2012, 11:14:39 AM1/17/12

"Duggy" wrote in message

On Jan 17, 6:43 pm, Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote:
> On 2012-01-17 02:36:36 -0500, Duggy said:

> >> It was a British comic originally; the U.S. edition was reprints.

I thought it was cancelled in England and Eclipse paid them to produce new
contents.

Duggy

Jan 17, 2012, 7:18:58 PM1/17/12
On Jan 18, 2:14 am, "Kenneth M. Lin" <kenneth_m_...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
Eclipse published reprints under the name Miracle Man and then new
material.

===
= DUG.
===