DC says there might be other Watchmen spinoffs after Before Watchmen

1 view

Broken Haiku

Mar 21, 2012, 9:21:50 AM3/21/12
DC says there might be other Watchmen spinoffs after Before Watchmen

Tweet
It's only been a month and a half since DC Comics announced Before
Watchmen  , and already we've had enough Alan Moore slams  , fan
rage and lively Internet debates to last a lifetime. But what if it's
not over? According to DC's publishers, they can't rule out heading back
to the world of Watchmen a third time.
In a WonderCon interview covering everything from The New 52 reboot
to their favorite sports teams, DC co-publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee
also took time to discuss the Before Watchmen collaborative process.
They're obviously excited about the books, even if you're not. But then
talk turned to the possibility of a future for the Watchmen characters
beyond the eight limited titles DC's already planning.
DiDio was quick to knock down the idea that the company is thinking that
far ahead, but he does present a scenario where they'd be willing to.
"Why does everybody keep on asking questions about what's gonna happen
after something that hasn't come out yet? We have a 35-issue commitment
in place right now that we're standing firmly behind," DiDio said.
"Realistically it's gonna be really a tale of the tape, how the reaction
is. And more importantly, if we did follow it, what could we follow it
with? Nobody's thought that far down the road."
The guys running the show at DC may not have thought far enough down the
road to envision what even more Watchmen books would look like, but that
doesn't mean they don't have an idea of where they would start. Even as
he denied that the company is thinking about continuing the saga, DiDio
was presenting a hypothetical place for the characters to head next.
"As they were talking story, everybody had a copy of Watchmen in front
of them, and they would go through to make sure that the story ideas
that they were kicking around wouldn't contradict anything inside the
book," DiDio said of the Before Watchmen meetings with creators. "And
then we started to see how it was actually building on [ Watchmen]. So
when you asked the question about is there something else, well, reality
is, let's see what we got out of these 35 issues, and maybe these become
springboards for other ideas and other stories."
  iframe[ blip.tv ]
You can bet that if Before Watchmen sells well enough, DC will be more
than willing to put those "springboards" into action. The company is
still riding a wave of publicity ignited by the New 52 and reignited by
these prequels. Unless fan rage completely shuts it down, we could very
well end up seeing After Before Watchmen somewhere on the horizon. (via
Comic Book Resources  )
Blastr CATEGORIES
31 Days of Halloween  Advertorials  Animation  Announcements
Art  Awards  Blastr Gift Guide  Blastr Video  Blu-rays
Books  Columnists  Comic-Con  Comics  Comments  Conventions
DVDs  Fandom  Galleries  Games  Gossip  Green Week
Horror  Image of the Day  Infographic  Interviews  Links
Lists  Movies  Music  News  Opinion  Polls  Posters
Reviews  Rumors  Science  Syfy Channel  Theater  Top
Stories  Toys  Trailers  TV  Video  Web  Weird Stuff
See more blastr.com stories on Digg.com
Blastr CATEGORIES
31 Days of Halloween  Advertorials  Animation  Announcements
Art  Awards  Blastr Gift Guide  Blastr Video  Blu-rays
Books  Columnists  Comic-Con  Comics  Comments  Conventions
DVDs  Fandom  Galleries  Games  Gossip  Green Week
Horror  Image of the Day  Infographic  Interviews  Links
Lists  Movies  Music  News  Opinion  Polls  Posters
Reviews  Rumors  Science  Syfy Channel  Theater  Top
Stories  Toys  Trailers  TV  Video  Web  Weird Stuff

Most Commented
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles no longer mutants? Really, Michael Bay?
Stan Lee disses DC: It's 'frustrating' to see Superman in flight
WTF? Teacher may lose job for reading 'pornographic' sci-fi
The Blastr App
Download for iPhone and iPad
Download for Android devices
Subscribe
Follow us
Become a Fan
About Blastr
Editors: Scott Edelman edi...@blastr.com  Contributors: Tara Bennett
Marc Bernardin Nathalie Caron Adam-Troy Castro Krystal Clark Kevin Coll
Evan Hoovler Kathie Huddleston Matthew Jackson Chris Kalb Don Kaye Dave
Maass Michael Marano Brian Murphy Carol Pinchefsky Phil Plait Dan Roth
Jeff Spry Staci Layne Wilson
Feedback
Terms
Privacy
Advertising
Newsletter Signup
About Blastr
©2012, Blastr. All rights reserved.
mobileleaptop

_
                            /'_/)
                          ,/_  /
                         /    /
                   /'_'/'   '/'__'7,
                /'/    /    /    /" /_\
               ('(    ' Fuck     /'   ')
                \      You'          /
                 '\'              _.7'
                   \             (
                     \            \
DON'T TAZE MY GRANNY!

BEWARE OF OL' JEEZL PETE.

2012-THE YEAR OF THE ROBBY.

robert

Mar 22, 2012, 12:47:28 AM3/22/12
watch who?

Duggy

Mar 22, 2012, 11:56:49 PM3/22/12
On Mar 21, 11:21 pm, BillV2...@webtv.net (Broken Haiku) wrote:
> DC says there might be other Watchmen spinoffs after Before Watchmen

Well if they make money off "Before Watchmen"... duh.

> "Realistically it's gonna be really a tale of the tape, how the reaction
> is. And more importantly, if we did follow it, what could we follow it
> with? Nobody's thought that far down the road."

So... no plans, they'll see what happens.

Non-story.

===
= DUG.
===