Alan Moore hates films based on his comics so he's making his own

The Saltex Brujo

Jun 22, 2012, 5:30:14 PM6/22/12
Alan Moore hates films based on his comics so he's making his own

Tweet
It seems comic legend Alan Moore ( Watchmen, V for Vendetta) doesn't
hate movies exclusively, just the ones based on his works. The acclaimed
comics writer is actually working on his first film now, and we now have
the first inklings of what it's about.
Moore is working on a new, indie short film series dubbed Show Pieces,
and he's teamed up with photographer Mitch Jenkins to make it happen.
Considering how vehemently he has opposed films based on his comics,
it's definitely interesting to see him branching out into the medium.
According to /Film  , the "noir flecked," "occult" project will play
out as a "multi-layered, multi-episode narrative."
Apart from the episode titles "Act of Faith" and "Jimmy's End," that's
about all we know at the moment. But we're definitely curious to see
what Moore will cook up.
The film is set to debut at the Creator's Project in NYC, before rolling
out on the project's website  .
Sound off: Do you think Moore will make a good filmmaker?
(Via /Film  )
Blastr CATEGORIES
31 Days of Halloween  Animation  Announcements  Art  Awards
Blastr Gift Guide  Blastr Video  Blu-rays  Books  Columnists
Comic-Con  Comics  Comments  Conventions  DVDs  Fandom
Galleries  Games  Gossip  Green Week  Horror  Image of the
Day  Infographic  Interviews  Links  Lists  Movies  Music
News  Opinion  Polls  Posters  Reviews  Rumors  Science
Syfy Channel  Theater  Top Stories  Toys  Trailers  TV
Video  Web  Weird Stuff

Most Commented
Astronomer uncovers the good, bad and WTF science of Prometheus
Latest Breaking Dawn Part 2 teaser reveals new vampire footage
Hoping for new Star Trek: TNG? Then you're about to get your wish
The Blastr App
Download for iPhone and iPad
Download for Android devices
Subscribe
Follow us
Become a Fan
About Blastr
Editors: Scott Edelman edi...@blastr.com  Contributors: Tara Bennett
Marc Bernardin Nathalie Caron Adam-Troy Castro Krystal Clark Kevin Coll
Evan Hoovler Kathie Huddleston Matthew Jackson Chris Kalb Don Kaye Dave
Maass Michael Marano Brian Murphy Carol Pinchefsky Phil Plait Dan Roth
Jeff Spry Staci Layne Wilson
Feedback
Terms
Privacy
Advertising
Newsletter Signup
About Blastr
©2012, Blastr. All rights reserved.
mobileleaptop

                              _
                            /'_/)
                          ,/_  /
                         /    /
                   /'_'/'   '/'__'7,
                /'/    /    /    /" /_\
               ('(    ' Fuck     /'   ')
            \      You'          /
                 '\'              _.7'
                   \             (
                     \            \
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS DA DEVIL!

DON'T TAZE MY GRANNY!

BEWARE OF OL' JEEZL PETE.

2012: YEAR OF THE ROBBY.

rob

Jun 28, 2012, 2:24:17 AM6/28/12
alan moore?

The Saltex Brujo

Jun 28, 2012, 6:03:40 AM6/28/12

Re: Alan Moore hates films based on his comics so he's making his own

Group: rec.sport.pro-wrestling Date: Wed, Jun 27, 2012, 11:24pm (EDT-3)
From: rjs...@aol.com (rob)
if you know him not, there is no more basis for communication in this
thread.

rob

Jul 1, 2012, 4:44:29 AM7/1/12
On Jun 28, 6:03 am, BillV2...@webtv.net (The Saltex Brujo) wrote:
> Re: Alan Moore hates films based on his comics so he's making his own
>

> Group: rec.sport.pro-wrestling Date: Wed, Jun 27, 2012, 11:24pm (EDT-3)
> From: rjs2...@aol.com (rob)
i'll keep it going. john carter?

David E. Powell

Jul 4, 2012, 4:31:50 PM7/4/12
Actually it will be intersting to see a writer do a project like that.
Many writers tend to have beefs with film adaptations of their books.

Michael Crichton was a big exception but it has often been said he
wrote his books with film versions in mind (Including, often, thinking
of what woule be different in each.)