Those new Watchmen comics are coming whether we want them or not

1 view

FAR-VA~ Screwj

Dec 2, 2011, 11:19:49 PM12/2/11
Those new Watchmen comics are coming whether we want them or not

Tweet
A few weeks back, we heard tell that those long-lived rumors that DC was
setting up a sequel to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' iconic graphic novel
Watchmen were more than just rumors. Now there's more news, and if
you're one of those fans who was rooting for the project to die, the
news isn't good.
Bleeding Cool's Rich Johnston has unofficial (but apparently pretty
sound) confirmation from inside DC that none other than Andy
Kubertâ€"son of the legendary artist Joe Kubert and artist on
acclaimed DC titles like Grant Morrison's Batman & Son and Neil Gaiman's
Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?â€"is attached to draw at
least part of the new Watchmen project.
Kubert was one of several names rumored to be attached to the comic,
along with Final Crisis artist J.G. Jones, 100 Bullets creator and
Batman writer Brian Azzarello and Superman writer/Babylon 5 mastermind
J. Michael Straczynski. Johnston also noted that Andy "may not be the
only Kubert getting involved with this," which suggests a possible
return to DC for his brother Adam, who's been busy over at Marvel lately
drawing titles like Wolverine and Astonishing Spider-Man. Or, and this
would be really big, Joe Kubert might contribute his legendary pencil to
the project in some form. He's 85 and still drawing, so it could happen.
If it seems like this list is crowded with names, that's because we're
not talking about just one comic here. Word seems to be that the
Watchmen project will take the form of not one, but four miniseries, and
they won't be sequels, but prequels. Whether that means origin stories
or simply the adventures of the superhero team before everything went to
hell is unclear, but it seems like we'll definitely be dealing with the
past.
If you're ready to tug your hair out over all this, there is one bright
spot: Watchmen co-creator Dave Gibbons is reported to be involved. Apart
from having one of the original guys on board, what's the best-case
scenario for this? If we have to see more Watchmen, who's the best fit
for it?
(via Bleeding Cool)

Blastr CATEGORIES
31 Days of Halloween Advertorials Animation Announcements Art Awards
Blastr Gift Guide Blastr Video Blu-rays Books Columnists Comic-Con
Comics Comments Conventions DVDs Fandom Galleries Games Gossip Green
Week Horror Image of the Day Infographic Interviews Links Lists Movies
Music News Opinion Polls Posters Reviews Rumors Science Syfy Channel
Theater Top Stories Toys Trailers TV Video Web Weird Stuff
See more blastr.com stories on Digg.com

Blastr CATEGORIES
31 Days of Halloween Advertorials Animation Announcements Art Awards
Blastr Gift Guide Blastr Video Blu-rays Books Columnists Comic-Con
Comics Comments Conventions DVDs Fandom Galleries Games Gossip Green
Week Horror Image of the Day Infographic Interviews Links Lists Movies
Music News Opinion Polls Posters Reviews Rumors Science Syfy Channel
Theater Top Stories Toys Trailers TV Video Web Weird Stuff

The DVICE Holiday Gift Guide for 2011The Blastr Holiday Gift Guide for
2011
Most Commented
POLL: So what did you think of the Walking Dead midseason finale?
J.J. Abrams creates (and casts) mysterious new Trek 2 female role
Starship Troopers is getting a remake with some heavy-duty writers
The Blastr App

Download for iPhone and iPad
Download for Android devices
Subscribe
Follow us
Become a Fan
About Blastr
Editors:
Scott Edelman
edi...@blastr.com
Contributors:
Tara Bennett
Marc Bernardin
Nathalie Caron
Adam-Troy Castro
Krystal Clark
Kevin Coll
Evan Hoovler
Kathie Huddleston
Matthew Jackson
Chris Kalb
Don Kaye
Dave Maass
Michael Marano
Brian Murphy
Carol Pinchefsky
Phil Plait
Dan Roth
Jeff Spry
Staci Layne Wilson
FAQ , Feedback , Terms, Privacy , Advertising, Newsletter Signup, About
Blastr
©2011, Blastr. All rights reserved.
53% (74.37 kB) saved
Skweezer | Hide Images | New Bookmark | Company
Page optimized for mobile device, click here to view without Skweezer.
© 2001-2011 Skweezer

BEWARE JACKOFF JENKEMROBBY.

DON'T TAZE MY GRANNY!

REAL MEN DON"T DRINK SMOOTHIES.

BEYOND BE VACHEL CARLING'S RUBILATOR.

COURVOISALIEN COFFEE IS UNDERGROUND

robert

Dec 3, 2011, 2:23:13 AM12/3/11
i hate comics.

Unifarva Skrewj

Dec 3, 2011, 3:30:45 AM12/3/11

Re: Those new Watchmen comics are coming whether we want them or not

Group: rec.sport.pro-wrestling Date: Fri, Dec 2, 2011, 11:23pm (EST-3)
From: rjs...@yahoo.com (robert)
and you are clueless braindead fuckhead.

These are the coats we wear.
Of Devils plaid, and Witches Hair!
With a hood, or a belt, or a sleeveless one.
Doesn't count,
that's a vest called a jerkin.
Uh......we're all wearin' Jackets.

rob

Dec 3, 2011, 5:03:43 PM12/3/11
On Dec 3, 3:30 am, BillV2...@webtv.net (Unifarva Skrewj) wrote:
> Re: Those new Watchmen comics are coming whether we want them or not
>
> Group: rec.sport.pro-wrestling Date: Fri, Dec 2, 2011, 11:23pm (EST-3)
> From: rjs2...@yahoo.com (robert)
thank you

Duggy

Jan 17, 2012, 3:09:59 AM1/17/12
On Dec 3 2011, 2:19 pm, Vindr...@webtv.net (FAR-VA~ Screwj) wrote:
> Those new Watchmen comics are coming whether we want them or not

Did you really think we'd have a say?
Happens.

===
= DUG.
===

Will Dockery

Jan 18, 2012, 2:20:49 AM1/18/12
Looks like they're bringing in the Top Flight, and I have to say I'm
interested in what they might bring to the characters.

--
Shadowville All-Stars 2012:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Ken from Chicago

Jan 18, 2012, 6:56:26 AM1/18/12
What is the problem? Either it's good and readers are better for it or it
stinks and it can be left to rot on the shelf.

-- Ken from Chicago

Paul David Wright

Jan 18, 2012, 11:16:49 PM1/18/12
Duggy <Paul....@jcu.edu.au> wrote in

> On Dec 3 2011, 2:19=A0pm, Vindr...@webtv.net (FAR-VA~ Screwj) wrote:
>> Those new Watchmen comics are coming whether we want them or not
>
> Did you really think we'd have a say?

Curb yer tounge, knave!

--
PDW

Check out my blog:
The first is a preview of my superhero comic book.
http://incognitoheroes.blogspot.com/
http://corneliusaddaptionproject.blogspot.com/

And my books:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/pdwright42