Prog 1874

Rob

Mar 27, 2014, 5:51:17 AM3/27/14
Judge Dredd: Mega-City Confidential #1
Wagner / MacNeil: you can't really go wrong! I've always liked the way
MacNeil draws heads :-)

Slaine: A Simple Killing #1
Shouldn't Simon Davis be drawing Sinister Dexter? Still, his slightly
pastel colouring is always a joy to see. Hopefully we will see more
blood and guts in the following episodes :-)

Outlier #1
Interesting final panel. Should be interesting to see what the assassin
has in common with our protagonist.

Sinister Dexter: Gun Shy #1
Whilst I prefer to see Davis draw these guys, Smudge has done a very
good black and white job. Not sure about his depiction of Tracy Weld,
though!

Jaegir: Strigoi #1
Story appears to be set in the Rogue Trooper universe. Will reserve
judgement until I've read a few more episodes.

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational

Eddie Doherty

Apr 1, 2014, 5:47:12 AM4/1/14
Loved Smudge's artwork on Sinister Dexter. Ditto Davis on Slaine. Dredd as always was great. Reserving my judgement on Outlier and Jaegir until I've read some more.

A.Cow

Apr 6, 2014, 10:19:00 PM4/6/14
> Slaine: A Simple Killing #1
> Shouldn't Simon Davis be drawing Sinister Dexter? Still, his slightly
> pastel colouring is always a joy to see. Hopefully we will see more
> blood and guts in the following episodes :-)

He has always been a little pre-occupied with disembodied heads but
that, I suppose, is half the point of Slaine so he's a good fit.

> Jaegir: Strigoi #1
> Story appears to be set in the Rogue Trooper universe. Will reserve
> judgement until I've read a few more episodes.

I've always though Gordon Rennie is an excellent writer but his recent
stuff (Aquila, Jaegir) seems to have strayed into "WAY too much text on
the page" territory. It's a comic, not a radio show. I find myself
skimming, which isn't a good thing.