Outdated bit you REFUSE to throw away...

LESCOMIC5

Sep 21, 2001, 7:14:30 PM9/21/01
Anyone got a bit that you know is WAY outdated, but you occasionally throw it
out there just because you like it?

I was going over some old tapes and had the thought.

Thanks all.

Leslie

X MacLaugh

Sep 22, 2001, 11:48:49 AM9/22/01
>Anyone got a bit that you know is WAY outdated, but you occasionally throw it
>out there just because you like it?

Leslie
How dare you ask a comedy question on week three of tragedy and flame wars.
People have more important issues to attend to in here at alt.comedy.standup.
Jesus, now go sit in the corner until you can come up with a question about
religion or war.

I have one bit that's a 2 year old news item I still use. It never made
national news so no one knows the shelf life of it when I talk about it, so I
always say it happened a couple of months ago.

Pat Mac

Tommy James

Sep 22, 2001, 12:05:26 PM9/22/01
>Anyone got a bit that you know is WAY outdated,

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Yeah, Saldana's entire act is outdated. All 45 minutes of it are stale and
boring.

Tommy James
http://www.tommyjamescomedy.com

Saldana

Sep 22, 2001, 4:49:27 PM9/22/01
yes my act is extremely outdated. but at least it's not a "comedycentral
mega-mix" like tuna james' act is...

-saldana
LAFF...@aol.com

John Curtin

Sep 22, 2001, 4:59:23 PM9/22/01
in article 20010922114849...@mb-mi.aol.com, X MacLaugh at
xmac...@aol.com wrote on 9/22/01 11:48 AM:

> I have one bit that's a 2 year old news item I still use. It never made
> national news so no one knows the shelf life of it when I talk about it, so I
> always say it happened a couple of months ago.

I have a bit based on a news item from USA today. I didn't write it as a
news story, but used the topic of the story to make it a little more
general. I think it's got a pretty good shelf life, mostly because it's
fucking hillarious.
Curtin

Jim Slotek

Sep 22, 2001, 7:13:44 PM9/22/01
I interviewed Emo Philips on Friday, and his first shows since WTC are
in Toronto at three different Yuk Yuks this week.

The only line he said he's going to scrap is one he has about how much
he loves New York. "I miss it so much every so often I put urine in my
humidifier, just to recapture the feeling."

Jim Slotek

kyria

Sep 20, 2001, 10:29:18 PM9/20/01

"LESCOMIC5" <lesc...@cs.com> wrote in message

I have this quick one-liner about Sun God Ra that I've been using as my
opener for years and just can't bear to retire.

Well, I guess that's the downside of doing political comedy.

- Kyria

Louis C.K.

Sep 22, 2001, 11:35:02 PM9/22/01

kyria wrote:

> "LESCOMIC5" <lesc...@cs.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone got a bit that you know is WAY outdated, but you occasionally throw
> it
> > out there just because you like it?
> >
> > I was going over some old tapes and had the thought.
> >
> > Thanks all.
> >
> > Leslie

I have this joke that is a very natural openner for me. I go "I live in New
York which is the only city where you actually have to say things like 'hey
that's mine don't pee on that'"

It always gets a laugh. I've been doing it for about 13 years. Every time I
do it, I want to die for every living second that I'm doing it. I fucking hate
the goddamn bit. I occasionally swear off of it and open with other things.
But when I get up there and the crowd looks not so easy, I bust the shit out,
make a mental note to beat my balls with a spatula later and the joy just
leaves my body. Thanks for asking.

LCK

Patricia

Sep 23, 2001, 1:08:21 AM9/23/01
>Yeah, Saldana's entire act is outdated. All 45 minutes of it are stale and
>boring.
>
>Tommy James

Tommy, you are so full of shit.

Like Saldana has 45 minutes!

PW
I have a minute and a half.

Todd Igoe

Sep 23, 2001, 6:47:13 AM9/23/01
"Louis C.K." <lou...@louisck.com> wrote in message news:<3BAD58D4...@louisck.com>...

> But when I get up there and the crowd looks not so easy, I bust the shit out,
> make a mental note to beat my balls with a spatula later and the joy just
> leaves my body. Thanks for asking.
>
> LCK

It could be entertaining to open with the spatula/ball beating. I
sometimes open by spanking myself with a melon baller - but I'm a prop
guy.

Todd

Ryan Silverman

Sep 23, 2001, 5:45:11 PM9/23/01
>but I'm a prop
>gu

This is completley off topic and a waste of everyone else's time and mine own,
but I just realized I've never seen a pop comic who wasn't male.

Anyone know any female prop comics?

I guess the Amazing Jonathan's wife sorta counts... but not really..

Rye

Todd Igoe

Sep 23, 2001, 10:07:32 PM9/23/01
comi...@aol.comsailaway (Ryan Silverman) wrote in message news:<20010923174511...@mb-cm.aol.com>...

> This is completley off topic and a waste of everyone else's time and mine own,

Pardon mois for not meeting the stringent posting standards of ACS.

> but I just realized I've never seen a pop comic who wasn't male.
>
> Anyone know any female prop comics?

Judy Tenuta? I saw an old woman who used a butt plug and beads as
props - can't remember her name. Maybe there are some ladies in ACS
who use props?

Todd

Ryan Silverman

Sep 24, 2001, 12:46:21 AM9/24/01
>Pardon mois for not meeting the stringent posting standards of ACS

Woah, Apology on my part for the misunderstanding todd!

I in no way meant YOUR post was as I said "This is completley off topic and a
waste of everyone else's time and mine own" and I sincerely apologize if you
took it that way.

I meant my post regarding female prop comics, which was off the original topic
of the post. I am VERY sorry for the misunderstanding.

I meant *I* was wasting time and space posting *my* message.

Rye

LordSnow

Sep 24, 2001, 2:24:26 AM9/24/01
On 23 Sep 2001 19:07:32 -0700, hangin...@hotmail.com (Todd Igoe)
wrote:

Patty Waits and Heatplate both employ freshly used buttplugs as
pacifiers.

Dana

"And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free.
and I won't forget the men who died
to give that right to me.
And I'll gladly STAND UP next to you
to defend her still today.
Cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land...
God Bless The U.S.A." - Lee Greenwood

Todd Igoe

Sep 24, 2001, 5:09:26 AM9/24/01
comi...@aol.comsailaway (Ryan Silverman) wrote in message

> Woah, Apology on my part for the misunderstanding todd!

> I in no way meant YOUR post was as I said "This is completley off topic and a
> waste of everyone else's time and mine own" and I sincerely apologize if you
> took it that way.
>
> I meant my post regarding female prop comics, which was off the original topic
> of the post. I am VERY sorry for the misunderstanding.
>
> I meant *I* was wasting time and space posting *my* message.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. My post was arguably off topic, and
I thought that was what you were referring to. (I was dying to
unleash my "brilliant" but off-topic melon-baller retort, and I didn't
want to start a new "spanking/melon baller" thread.)

Thanks for clearing that up Rye,
Todd

Gottalaff

Sep 24, 2001, 9:09:56 AM9/24/01
>I saw an old woman who used a butt plug and beads as
>props - can't remember her name.

That was Janet Williams, the Tennessee Tramp.

Julie Scoggins
www.juliescoggins.com