Names of the Three Stooges theme songs

Annette Lloyd

Jun 20, 2009, 3:51:25 PM6/20/09
Hi all ...

I know that one of the songs used as a theme for The Three Stooges was
"Three Blind Mice," but I am curious as to the name of the other one:

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Three_Stooges_-_1935_(The).html

Can anyone with the answer (it's a rather burning question for me!),
please e-mail me, rather than (or in addition to) posting here. I'd be
so grateful for this help.

Best,
Annette Lloyd

BeAStooge

Jun 20, 2009, 11:50:47 PM6/20/09
On Jun 20, 3:51 pm, Annette Lloyd <mrslloyd1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that one of the songs used as a theme for The Three Stooges was
> "Three Blind Mice," but I am curious as to the name of the other one

"Listen to the Mockingbird"

D. Kirkpatrick

Jun 21, 2009, 10:25:44 AM6/21/09
In article
<c5ccc6db-ac46-4776...@n21g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
Annette Lloyd <mrsllo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone with the answer (it's a rather burning question for me!),
> please e-mail me, rather than (or in addition to) posting here. I'd be
> so grateful for this help.

There were a few actually.

Aside form "Three Blind Mice" the other in early films was "Listen to
the Mocking Bird."

Although most people are familiar with the chorus of Mockingbird, the
segment used for the theme was the verse. The lyrics are easily
locake don the net. It's actually a rather sad song about someone
dreaming of a lost dead wife or girlfriend.

In "Woman Haters" they user "For You" which was sung within the film.

Someone else may be able to ID the other couple attached to the very
early films.

I remember "I wish I was in Dixie" was used for one of the Civil War
send ups.

DMK

Ray Faiola

Jun 24, 2009, 1:24:42 PM6/24/09
The PUNCH DRUNK / MEN IN BLACK theme was written by Howard Jackson for
another Columbia film whose name I forgot years ago!
Message has been deleted

jdawg...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2014, 3:05:29 PM2/4/14
Listen to the Mockingbird was first used in ninth short, "Pardon my Scotch". Before that the theme had something to do with short subject. For example "Pop Goes the Weasel" used for opening theme for "Pop goes the Easel" and Dixie for "Uncivil Warriors". There were 2 variations of Three Blind Mice...slower and shorter one from 1939 to 1942 and replaced by faster and longer version.
;0)

mail...@gmail.com

May 29, 2016, 5:19:30 PM5/29/16
It's called The Napes Song. The lyrics are:

Oh the napes, they live in the treetops, with their mommies, making doodie,
Oh the napes, they live in the treetops, with their mommies making doodies all day long.

wsher...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2019, 5:27:01 PM3/21/19
It was 'sung' by The Quackenbush Chorale.

cork...@cox.net

Jun 29, 2019, 7:02:11 PM6/29/19
On Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 2:51:25 PM UTC-5, Annette Lloyd wrote:
> Best,Flight of the cuckoo Bird.
> Annette Lloyd

cork...@cox.net

Jun 29, 2019, 7:03:42 PM6/29/19
On Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 2:51:25 PM UTC-5, Annette Lloyd wrote:
Flight of the Cuckoo Bird!

Keith F. Lynch

Jul 14, 2019, 11:11:34 PM7/14/19
<cork...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 2:51:25 PM UTC-5, Annette Lloyd wrote:
>> I know that one of the songs used as a theme for The Three Stooges was
>> "Three Blind Mice," but I am curious as to the name of the other one:

> Flight of the Cuckoo Bird!

Thanks for the prompt answer. Just over ten years. I'm sure she was
still checking the group every day for any response.
--
Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/

williamr...@gmail.com

May 7, 2020, 7:04:55 AM5/7/20
THIS IS THE ONE!! Thank you, Mark Edward Pethe, for that wonderful tidbit in 1986!
"The Napes are home in the treetops
"With their mommies, making doodie!"
Brilliantly silly!