Grupuri Google nu mai acceptă postările sau abonamentele noi Usenet. Conținutul anterior este în continuare vizibil.

Dutiful but Dumb

20 de afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Tom Stoeckle

necitită,
4 iun. 2006, 15:42:1704.06.2006
What is the name of the tune that Curly plays when he is hiding in the
radio?. That tune is in several of the shorts (including the theme music at
the carnival in "Three Little Twerps"

Thanks Tom S

James Neibaur

necitită,
4 iun. 2006, 15:59:0504.06.2006
Tom Stoeckle 6/4/06 2:42 PM

Calling for Rich Finegan.....

he will most likely know the answer to that question

JN

uvula

necitită,
4 iun. 2006, 16:52:3804.06.2006
I believe it's called "The Frederick March". I read that in an old Three
Stooges Journal issue. I don't have it handy though.
Mesajul a fost șters

BeAStooge

necitită,
4 iun. 2006, 19:13:1504.06.2006
uvula wrote:

> > James Neibaur wrote:
> > Calling for Rich Finegan.....
> > he will most likely know the answer to that question
> > JN
> >

> I believe it's called "The Frederick March". I read that in an old Three Stooges Journal
> issue. I don't have it handy though.

The Three Stooges Journal # 89, Spring 1999
http://threestooges.net/journal.php?action=view&id=89
"The Three Stooges Meet Frederick March: More Stooge Film Music
Identified" by Richard Finegan

Hal Erickson

necitită,
4 iun. 2006, 22:44:0404.06.2006

"uvula" <ba...@ofmythroat.com> wrote in message

That's the right title. I think I read that it was composed for the 1936
Bing Crosby picture
PENNIES FROM HEAVEN. It certainly pops up in the oddest places: I've heard
it in such Columbia films as
MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON and ALL THE KING'S MEN--and it was used
liberally in the 1937 Columbia
B picture THE SHADOW, which in addition to starring Rita Hayworth also
prominently featured such familiar two-reeler faces as Vernon Dent, Bud
Jamison, Dick Curtis and Bess Flowers (as one of the villains!)

--Hal E

BeAStooge

necitită,
5 iun. 2006, 01:21:5805.06.2006
Hal Erickson wrote:
> >I think I read that it was composed for the 1936 Bing Crosby picture PENNIES
> >FROM HEAVEN. It certainly pops up in the oddest places: I've heard it in such
> >Columbia films as MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON and ALL THE KING'S MEN-
> >-and it was used liberally in the 1937 Columbia B picture THE SHADOW, which in
> >addition to starring Rita Hayworth also prominently featured such familiar two-reeler
> >faces as Vernon Dent, Bud Jamison, Dick Curtis and Bess Flowers (as one of the
> >villains!)
> --Hal E

Rich's detailed background article in the above mentioned Three Stooges
Journal issue, which discusses TERMITES OF 1938 as the first Stooges
short to use this piece of music, mentions eleven Columbia features to
use it, the first being PENNIES FROM HEAVEN. Finegan lists all other
Stooge shorts with this music, and points out that many Columbia SCREEN
SNAPSHOTS one-reelers included it up into the 1950s.

Brent

Ray Faiola

necitită,
5 iun. 2006, 16:53:2305.06.2006

Yes, the Frederick March (some joke!) was written by Howard Jackson,
who was musical director at Columbia prior to Morris Stoloff's joining
the studio.

jaqua...@gmail.com

necitită,
2 iun. 2018, 01:55:5302.06.2018
It's *IS* called "The Frederick March", after the actor who was a big leading man at that time. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rerAjb_tBxM>

I've had a terrible time in sourcing the author of this tune. Does anybody know who wrote this music?
0 mesaje noi